Goram calls for Kris and Kenny

RANGERS legend Andy Goram has backed Ally McCoist's plans to reform the Miller and Boyd partnership at Ibrox.

The Light Blues boss has been linked with the strike duo this summer as he prepares his squad for the SPFL Championhip next season.

They were a prolific partnership in their first spell together at Ibrox.

Goram said: "He's told everyone who he wants rid of but he'll need to offload them to free their wages for the likes of Kenny Miller coming in, and maybe Kris Boyd.

"The other two he's been talking about are Gavin Gunning and Shaun Hutchinson. So you have to offload wages to accommodate that.

"When the chief executive says Ally has the same budget he doesn't mean go out and spend money on transfer fees, he means the same budget for wages.

"So whatever goes out the way can be used to bring players in.

"I'd like Boyd and Miller, it's an obvious one to go for.

"Nobody can tell me if Kris Boyd is playing for Rangers next season he won't score 30 goals. That's guaranteed."

Rangers will be favourites to win the Championship next season but with Hearts and Hibs for company, McCoist's side might not have it all their own way.

All three teams will be eyeing promotion back to the top flight and Goram reckons the second tier will capture the imagination.

He said: "You look at the clubs in the Championship and there are going to be some decent crowds there.

"You take Celtic out the Premiership and take Rangers out the Championship and compare the crowds in the two leagues and I think there will be bigger crowds in the Championship."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/goram-calls-for-kris-and-kenny-165653n.24366819

Mark Guidi is still in the business? Where has he been of late? (A rhethorical question.)

As for Cuellar ... while not having seen him of late, I reckon that he's still good enough to keep us safe in the Championship and probably the top tier too. Better than McCulloch at CH in any case.

Some may groan again, but Miller, Boyd and Cuellar - all on a free - would go down well enough with many Bears I suppose.

Gavin Gunning and Shaun Hutchinson

Never heard of them.

Nobody can tell me if Kris Boyd is playing for Rangers next season he won't score 30 goals

Agree with that.

As for Cuellar

No way we could afford his wages unless he wants to come on a cheap but a Premier League / Championship could offer him quadriple for sitting on the bench.

Cuellar, Boyd and Miller would win us the league though.

It will be like one, big half-time draw.

Perhaps it's representative of what's to come.

Trying to cling hold of a past because the future is bleak.

You could also argue that when you put Spin before Scouting that articles on 'ex-favourites' are a logical consequence.

Having spend years in the EPL will have made Cuellar a rather rich person. Might well be that he ain't looking for a pay off ... and I reckon he will know what we are able to offer.

Now for Lampard! :fish2:

Doubt it very much .....and that goes for Miller and Boyd too.

I reckon we'll only sign players from now on who have a potential sell on value such as Scott Allan(if we sign him)