Doubt it very much .....and that goes for Miller and Boyd too.

I reckon we'll only sign players from now on who have a potential sell on value such as Scott Allan(if we sign him)

I think that would be a mistake. Auld heids can produce results. Hately, Wilkins, RDB, even Henning Berg who was pushed out for Frank but he was our best signing that year, and for them Moravchik, Bertie Auld...I could go on...but none had a sell on value

I think that would be a mistake. Auld heids can produce results. Hately, Wilkins, RDB, even Henning Berg who was pushed out for Frank but he was our best signing that year, and for them Moravchik, Bertie Auld...I could go on...but none had a sell on value

Don't disagree but times have changed

Problem is that some of the younger talent we manage to identify and sign (despite no real scouting network) don't tend to develop into major players we can get a good fee for - the seem to remain average players for the most part. Doesn't help when we are still in the lower echelons of Scottish football and not on the european stage.

Problem is that some of the younger talent we manage to identify and sign (despite no real scouting network) don't tend to develop into major players we can get a good fee for - the seem to remain average players for the most part. Doesn't help when we are still in the lower echelons of Scottish football and not on the european stage.

Your last sentence is right on the money. Being in the top flight and on the European stage does make all the difference, but I'd go even further and say that actually giving your best young talent the chance on the European stage is where it's at for ambitious Clubs. You only need to look at Walter giving Danny Wilson the opportunity in the Champions League and the fee we received for him afterwards to see that it's worthy of more exploration.

One more link today ...

Gers want Darren McGregor (Express claims)

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist is ready to make a Bosman move for St Mirren’s Darren McGregor.

Express Sport understands that the out-of-contract Buddies defender has now moved up McCoist’s list of summer targets.

The Ibrox side’s top options were Motherwell’s Shaun Hutchinson and Dundee United’s Gavin Gunning but their hopes on both those fronts look to be heading south. Birmingham City want Hutchinson while Sheffield Wednesday look set to land Gunning.

McCoist, who is also close to trying up a deal for Kenny Miller, is determined to strengthen his defensive options and that is where McGregor, right, has come to the fore.

The newly-promoted Light Blues will also face competition for McGregor from Premiership new boys Dundee and Championship rivals Hearts but they believe they have the financial muscle to see them off.

McGregor has made a name for himself since stepping up from Cowdenbeath to the Scottish top-flight four years ago.

He has had two serious injuries but has battled back and was one of the Buddies’ top defenders last season.

I was speaking to Kenny Millers' auld man yesterday very briefly,and he said Kenny was offered a two year contract with Rangers,he didn't say how much cash was offered but did frown saying it wasn't a great offer!,although he did give the impression Kenny wants to come back to Rangers,he also said that he has offers down south but wants to stay in Scotland, I never asked anymore.

At 34 years old surely Kenny Miller isn't expecting a big contract offer. A 2 year contract would take him to 36 and assuming we get propmoted this season there aren't many 36 year old strikers in the top division.

He must be only too aware of our financial position so if he wants to return to Scotland and Rangers he has to be reasonable.

if we are on to options below gavin gunning and sean hutchison we should just not bother.

And continue to play Jig or attempt to trial youngsters against Hibs, Hearts, Falkirk and Co.? I would agree that some should get their chance, but no Rangers manager would rely on them to get us to the top tier. As for McGregor, Hutchinson or Gunning, who is to say that one or the other is below or above someone else on that list? Or even was on Ally's list. The media? These names are all just rumours, much like Cuellar. We sure need a more experienced defender for next season, whoever that might be.

At 34 years old surely Kenny Miller isn't expecting a big contract offer. A 2 year contract would take him to 36 and assuming we get propmoted this season there aren't many 36 year old strikers in the top division.

He must be only too aware of our financial position so if he wants to return to Scotland and Rangers he has to be reasonable.

If a DoF is appointed before signings are made then you have to wonder if a 34 year old striker will be considered to take up one of the 'highest earner' spots.

For the above you need money though and the board prioritizes 'spin'.

And continue to play Jig or attempt to trial youngsters against Hibs, Hearts, Falkirk and Co.? I would agree that some should get their chance, but no Rangers manager would rely on them to get us to the top tier. As for McGregor, Hutchinson or Gunning, who is to say that one or the other is below or above someone else on that list? Or even was on Ally's list. The media? These names are all just rumours, much like Cuellar. We sure need a more experienced defender for next season, whoever that might be.

gasparato and halkett are both very promising and cheaper.

if we can ger cuellar sure go for it. if not dont go for dross that scraped away from relegation and got his manager sacked.