I've said this since the day green took over and was prattling on about a wage bill of 33 percent of turnover. Rangers fans will not fund mediocrity as this lot are about to learn.

I know for a fact Walter warned green of the same thing.

I've said this since the day green took over and was prattling on about a wage bill of 33 percent of turnover. Rangers fans will not fund mediocrity as this lot are about to learn.

I know for a fact Walter warned green of the same thing.

At this moment I crave for mediocrity it would be better than we now have.

The current Board will not be "starved out", withholding ST money or paying game by game will make their job more difficult but they are committed to the work in hand and they will be there so long as the current group of investors are in place.

So Jackson is right and of course King knows it full well. The only way to get the current Board out (if that is what you want to do) is to buy out the investors. Since King has said he won't do that; he may as well say, the game's a bogy; buy your ST's directly and support the Club you love.

If they won't be starved out and king won't bail them out then we are fucked. Because rangers fans won't fund mediocrity and this lot deliver that in spades and that's me being generous to them.

15 to 20k will renew. A couple of k may support the attempt to secure ibrox the rest just won't go.

Any sensible shareholder will be twitchy right now.

The current Board will not be "starved out", withholding ST money or paying game by game will make their job more difficult but they are committed to the work in hand and they will be there so long as the current group of investors are in place.

So Jackson is right and of course King knows it full well. The only way to get the current Board out (if that is what you want to do) is to buy out the investors. Since King has said he won't do that; he may as well say, the game's a bogy; buy your ST's directly and support the Club you love.

You paint a picture of an honest and trustworthy board striving tirelessly to do their best for the club and that the only option for the humble supporter is to buy ST's and give our money to this noble executive board and trust them to what is right for our club. Perhaps I'm over-egging the pudding a little but only with a similar poetic licence.

It's a horrible situation and part of the reason we are faced with it is because too many were fooled by Charles Green and argued that we had to fund the club that we loved.

Where is that money (and the rest) today.

We were told Green&Co have shares and will do their very best for the club because that it is obviously in their interests.

Green was soon to go, bringing the Easdales in take his place in front of BPH and Margarita.

The crux of our problem is that today we can't trust those in and around the boardroom.

They are in it for the money and will spin rather than scout their way towards it, mislead rather than be up-front, lie instead of tell the truth, take 120 days instead of 30 etc., etc.......................It will be a slow fading away as life and money is sucked out of the club.

IMO we need to do what is necessary to change what is becoming a Coventry/Leeds Utd dynamic, even if it means acute short-term pain.

In an ideal world we buy a controlling stake but reallity is that no-one is willing to pay a prohibitive price and then invest in the club itself.

Edited by buster.

The business and club interests can be interlinked even if it's struggled to strike a balance lately

Only if the interests of the shareholders are in alignment but it's hard to see how that's possible when there is such a massive imbalance between the owners of 19,225,000 shares got them for a penny each and others forked out 70p or more.

The short term pain argument is really only any good if there's long term gain and there is absolutely no guarantee that there is

At present we're witnessing long term pain as the price for Chuckles and Co's short time gains.

The short term pain argument is really only any good if there's long term gain and there is absolutely no guarantee that there is

Can you guarantee that all will be well for Rangers under this regime?

Can you guarantee that all will be well for Rangers under this regime?

I can't guarantee it but I can guarantee that things could be worse, much of the argument now basically seems to be that we should withhold money because it can't get any worse

If they won't be starved out and king won't bail them out then we are fucked. Because rangers fans won't fund mediocrity and this lot deliver that in spades and that's me being generous to them.

15 to 20k will renew. A couple of k may support the attempt to secure ibrox the rest just won't go.

Any sensible shareholder will be twitchy right now.

I am sure you are correct with your last statement but you need to realise that for the likes of R&M it is small potatoes.

I think you seem to be coming round to the view that King isn't putting his hand in his pocket and his scheme is doomed to failure.

If 15-20,000 renew (and I wouldn't argue with that number by the time the season starts and Hibs as well as Hearts will give it a boost) then that will be enough to see us through the summer and the big issue then will be how many turn up game to game. I don't agree with you that " the rest just won't go" I think they will be selective. So if it's Hibs or Hearts, I'd think we'd get 40,000+, others say 25,000 - 30,000. A lot will also depend on the quality of football, as is clear from posts on here and elsewhere that is as big a factor if not the biggest factor in folks decisions right now.

If we get through next season and make it back to the SPL, then the prospect of the first old firm games in 4 years will see an ST sell out, no danger at all; in fact I think if it was allowed Rangers could sell out the entire stadium with ST's and create the ST dynasty we discussed on here before.