Where we find ourselves just now ST sales are imperative.Without them our existence could be at risk if (god forbid) there was another liquidation

No, where we find ourselves now is even if everyone renewed all it would do is buy a few months grace.

Where we find ourselves just now ST sales are imperative.Without them our existence could be at risk if (god forbid) there was another liquidation

They didn't stop the company being liquidated the first time. Why such confidence they would prevent a second insolvency event? A football club should be able to exist in much the same way as any other business. Provide a service, receive payment. Do we need £12m+ to survive the survive the summer?

They didn't stop the company being liquidated the first time. Why such confidence they would prevent a second insolvency event? A football club should be able to exist in much the same way as any other business. Provide a service, receive payment. Do we need £12m+ to survive the survive the summer?

Considering football clubs are expected to make signings during summers and offer them contracts worth thousands a week i'd say it's a bit different, and up front income is crucial to being able to plan ahead. Relying completely on game to game income isn't viable, you only have to look at how attendances can drop throughout a season, sometimes the way fixtures and cup draws work out you have no home games for about a month and in the summer there are no games at all.

If we had England type TV money it may not matter so much but that's obviously not the case and European income is a lottery as we've showed with several qualifying defeats. Costs would need to be cut to ridiculously low levels (even more than they already do) for your vision to work.

Considering football clubs are expected to make signings during summers and offer them contracts worth thousands a week i'd say it's a bit different, and up front income is crucial to being able to plan ahead. Relying completely on game to game income isn't viable, you only have to look at how attendances can drop throughout a season, sometimes the way fixtures and cup draws work out you have no home games for about a month and in the summer there are no games at all.

If we had England type TV money it may not matter so much but that's obviously not the case and European income is a lottery as we've showed with several qualifying defeats. Costs would need to be cut to ridiculously low levels (even more than they already do) for your vision to work.

It's not my vision, it's how normal business works. If you want people to pay in advance, then you offer incentives, ie, reduced rates. Expecting people to pay in advance just to service the bonus culture doesn't wash anymore. lol@ needing it to buy players.

I agree with you and I desperately want to buy a ST. But (along with many other fans) I need some real reassurance that the money will be spent on the right things.

I've said since before the 120 day review came out that what we need to know is:

1) who signed off on the bad decisions of the last two years? (and why were no lawyers present?)

2) who benefitted?

3) do any of the above parties have any influence over the club anymore?

Do you think it wise to be willing to give the current board an opportunity if you don't trust them and they have done little or nothing to suggest that they are deserving of such trust ?

I'm not sure where you get, I don't trust them; but IMHO they or anybody in any situation has to earn trust in the same way as one earns respect. I am willing to give them the opportunity to lut the club on a sound financial footing and implement their strategy. Of course they will need funds from somethwere to achieve these objectives. Therefore whether or not they are "deserving of such trust" is not an issue for me at the moment; but time will tell.

Our history of buying season books and merchandise en masse every season is what attracts so many vultures to the club. It has become the very definition of an "onerous contract", and the quicker we stop doing it, the better.

No it isn't.

The oldco got liquidated because Whyte never paid over PAYE/NI to HMRC who wouldnt do a CVA on monies owed. Nothing to do with ST's

If we give this lot another year the damage will be irreparable. In truth it may already be. It's hard to be sure without seeing the commercial deals they have struck.

And your alternative is ? ( please dont say Dave King)