Would this proposed agreement be worth the paper it was written on if Rangers went into administration or suffered another liquidation event?

It might be 'legally binding' but would it be legally binding in every eventuality?

Or even if they just sold and then resigned the current board and installed a new board. The old board would be open to prosecution I would imagine but that would be a peanut fine and I doubt Ibrox could be retrieved. I don't know this it is just a thought.

I'm not annoyed though, i'm genuinely asking if we could at least have a peace period if a deal is reached rather than some other demand coming about

They have to raise money and a he'll of a lot of it. The fact they have had to be forced to do this and have caved after claiming it would never happen. After saying in court they wish the fans would just go away. Etc just prove this will be a constant battle.

Kings leverage will be gone if a deal is brokered and he'll have to produce hard cash if he wants to have a say in running the club. Only a buy out will get rid of the board and they will be looking for top dollar. The very though turns my stomach.

Although they acknowledged the power of the fan base and came to the negotiating table, i would be very weary of any actions this board takes. They're in it for the money, nothing else.

Don't ever be fooled into thinking they are doing anything for the love of the club. They're not. They're doing it for themselves.

I think this will change little mate. Ultimately this lot will never get us back to the top and dave king just needs to wait on them falling to do so and the Rangers fans will tear them out root and branch.

Or even if they just sold and then resigned the current board and installed a new board. The old board would be open to prosecution I would imagine but that would be a peanut fine and I doubt Ibrox could be retrieved. I don't know this it is just a thought.

Whatever gets signed would need to be cast iron guaranteed.

Perhaps with personal penalties running into millions if they break it.

With regards to this board, it seems that we may be on the brink of winning a solitary battle but not the war.

There is no way this board and the string pullers behind them are going to be able to take us to the competitive level we were at before 2012.

VTB

THE Board of Rangers Football Club have issued the following statement today:

"The Board of Rangers note with dismay the launch of the 'Ibrox 1972 fund' led by Dave King and Richard Gough.

"Attempting to create a fund that wishes to deprive revenue to the football club these men purport to love so much and create financial difficulty for Rangers, displays a twisted logic.

"For the avoidance of doubt and so that all Rangers fans are again reassured, the Board has stated that it has no intention of granting security over Ibrox to anybody. We have already shown in our actions - and not words - that our stadium is sacrosanct.

"Any supporters considering engaging with Ibrox 1972 Ltd should be clear that as the Club will not grant security over Ibrox to any such organisation, there is no prospect that any commitment to this new scheme will ever come to fruition and is therefore entirely meaningless. Nor will the Board enter into any agreement with a third party organisation on season ticket renewals, as is being suggested.

"Therefore this scheme is a worthless academic exercise created to serve the purposes of individuals and not the greater good of Rangers Football Club. It could never deliver the stability and security this football club and our supporters deserve.

"It is also important to note that should existing season ticket holders choose not to renew by the 16th May deadline, as is being encouraged, they could lose their seat allocation. The Club believes it must - as it always does at this time of the year - attempt to satisfy the requests we have received from current season ticket holders who wish to relocate to other available seats around the stadium.

"The absurd attacks made by individuals associated with this new scheme on Chief Executive Graham Wallace are disgraceful. Since Mr Wallace joined the Club he has worked tirelessly to create a Rangers fit for the future.

"Mr Wallace has brought his considerable business experience together with his extensive knowledge of top-level football operations and impeccable reputation to the Club and we continue to see the benefits of his work. To question his integrity, ability or professionalism as a means to discredit him personally and to undermine the Board generally is absolutely unacceptable.

"Mr Wallace has the Board's unequivocal support.

"We are only too aware that our incredibly loyal supporters have been through remarkably testing times in recent years, but Rangers has made significant progress in recent months, both on and off the field.

"A bright future awaits and we would respectfully ask our fans to support the Club and renew their season tickets. Season ticket sales are the largest single source of income for Rangers and only the Club and the team will suffer if some of this income is withheld.

"Any decision not to renew season tickets can only damage the Club. Such action would only serve to harm the very institution that is so dear to all of us."

a worthless exercise indeed lol.

Seems a positive to me but the proof will most definitely be in the legally binding pudding.

Moreover, this is but one step in terms of securing a better performance out of those running the club.

Seems a positive to me but the proof will most definitely be in the legally binding pudding.

Moreover, this is but one step in terms of securing a better performance out of those running the club.

Will any legally binding agreement that is being considered,........... retain it's status in the event of an insolvency event ?

The board seem desperate for the ST money.

It would kick the cashflow can down the road a little.

It would keep onerous contracts (spi.vs & friends?) in money.

Bottomline, you have to remember who you are dealing with and their motivations and MO.

I hope the UoF lawyers are very good and adept at smelling out sp.iv tactics.

Another thing is on the board you have two different groups of sp.ivs.

Crighton/Laxey.

Easdale/Proxies.......(historic & onerous contract connections ?)