Back before CW even took over, all it took was a google search to find out that he had 'history' that was worth investigating further.

Absolutely.....Yet our directors did nothing ultimately. I know AJ and PM said watch him but surely all they had to say was "this guy is banned from being a director"

Absolutely.....Yet our directors did nothing ultimately. I know AJ and PM said watch him but surely all they had to say was "this guy is banned from being a director"

I don't think this was particular piece of info was known at the time.

SDM/Lloyds were pushing this through come hell or high water.

The IBC was essentially a futile exercise.

They weren't aware of it as once a director serves his ban it is stricken from public records, Private Eye had to petition the High Court in order to find out the details. Mark Daly was only able to introduce the banning order by using transcripts from an unrelated court case during which reference to the banning order was made.

Purchasing the club and being a director are two different things. The IBC, which were pretty much toothless, rang the alarm bells, but next to nobody took any heed. Murray and his team also lied incessantly to push through the sale.

Purchasing the club and being a director are two different things. The IBC, which were pretty much toothless, rang the alarm bells, but next to nobody took any heed. Murray and his team also lied incessantly to push through the sale.

Murray is still number 1 bastard in all this for me

No matter who the messenger is, dismissing/believing any information without first doing one's own research is just ludicrous.

You can research everything say Phil whathisname says - I think that's ludicrous. I'm going to ignore/dismiss him no matter how ludicrous you think that is.

However, I do agree that you should research stuff before dismissing/believing anything but that doesn't mean you can't dismiss the most nefarious sources out of hand - you don't have to believe it nor disbelieve it.

I would say one of the biggest problems we had is that some of those on our side spouting out about the likes of Craig Whyte did so with cryptic innuendo instead of proper information. When asked for the information they insulted people and told them to do their own research. Hardly helpful in that cause. I see that that as a massive, massive failure of the "told you so" crowd.

You can research everything say Phil whathisname says - I think that's ludicrous. I'm going to ignore/dismiss him no matter how ludicrous you think that is.

However, I do agree that you should research stuff before dismissing/believing anything but that doesn't mean you can't dismiss the most nefarious sources out of hand - you don't have to believe it nor disbelieve it.

I would say one of the biggest problems we had is that some of those on our side spouting out about the likes of Craig Whyte did so with cryptic innuendo instead of proper information. When asked for the information they insulted people and told them to do their own research. Hardly helpful in that cause. I see that that as a massive, massive failure of the "told you so" crowd.

Your first and second paragraphs totally contradict each other.

There was plenty of 'proper information' provided, but those who didn't want to believe it cried "Philwhatsisname shite" and put their fingers back in their ears.

BH, I'm not trying to be smart and say "I got it right whilst you got it wrong" because that isn't important.

The reason that I have laboured the point regards your erroneous judgement call on Charles Green is that I think it relevant, I'll try and explain why.

You are obviously an intelligent man with experience in football, finance and as an office bearer.

As such you'd expect your opinion to be considered and valued, I'm sure it is.

However, it is because of these relevant qualifications, intelligence and detailed attention you pay to issues Rangers............ it doesn't quite sit right with me that you didn't smell a rat with Green.

What I am saying is that your considered judgement on such general calls may be suspect or interested.

It may be that you are good at analysing the seperate details but find it more difficult to bring the whole picture together, one that includes 'other issues' (of which there are many at Ibrox).............Or simply you may have 'interests' that shape your 'public' judgement calls.

The relevance for whoever wants to, is to bear this in mind.

If it isn't that important to you then it is hard to understand why you keep making the same point ad nauseam and why you feel the need to add comments like ""it doesn't quite sit right with me that you didn't smell a rat with Green."

I admit that I didn't at the outset, guilty m'lud; and as you have previously acknowledged I was in the majority.

That said I will accept the compliments and be thankful that I am not applying to you for employment.

Might one ask your occupation or profession?