Most Celtic websites seemed to know

Didn't that make any of it a lot harder to believe as true? And weren't they spectacularly wrong about the BTC? I can't believe someone thinks we should be going on Tim websites and believing their guff as if it's gospel.

BTW Most Celtic websites seem to "know" we're a new club - is that true too?

Didn't that make any of it a lot harder to believe as true? And weren't they spectacularly wrong about the BTC? I can't believe someone thinks we should be going on Tim websites and believing their guff as if it's gospel.

We shouldn't but neither should we simply dismiss everything simply because we don't like the messenger.

I'm not going to champion a Celtic website not for a second but in respect of Whyte they seemed to know what was going on from the off. They knew about the director ban, the deal with ticketus etc...while our club was spinning wealth off the radar through the media and of course you're right they do get stuff spectacularly wrong as well.

I'm not going to champion a Celtic website not for a second but in respect of Whyte they seemed to know what was going on from the off. They knew about the director ban, the deal with ticketus etc...while our club was spinning wealth off the radar through the media and of course you're right they do get stuff spectacularly wrong as well.

I think there was a lot of rumour and innuendo both positive and negative - they wanted to believe the negative was true and we wanted to believe the positive was true, which is natural optimism for us and schadenfreude for them. Just because a lot of the negative stuff ended up being as true as they wanted did not make them "right" or in possession foresight in any way. Just as when you bet on black once and it comes up black does not make you any good at roulette.

Back before CW even took over, all it took was a google search to find out that he had 'history' that was worth investigating further.

We shouldn't but neither should we simply dismiss everything simply because we don't like the messenger.

When someone lies about you negatively all the time, should your friends listen to them or just dismiss it?

Of course you should dismiss everything from a lying, hateful messenger. It doesn't mean the message is untrue but it is far too unreliable to give it any credence so it becomes irrelevant noise - otherwise you have to listen to and consider the implications of every lie, every time.

I agree that if there are other, less unreliable sources which give the same message you shouldn't dismiss the message just because your enemy is saying the same thing, but that's another matter.

Lloyds didn't care, he was getting them their money.

Lloyd's sent their man in to facilitate such a deal.

Further down the line they got more money through the sale of Edmiston House and the Albion Car Park.

When someone lies about you negatively all the time, should your friends listen to them or just dismiss it?

Of course you should dismiss everything from a lying, hateful messenger. It doesn't mean the message is untrue but it is far too unreliable to give it any credence so it becomes irrelevant noise - otherwise you have to listen to and consider the implications of every lie, every time.

I agree that if there are other, less unreliable sources which give the same message you shouldn't dismiss the message just because your enemy is saying the same thing, but that's another matter.

No matter who the messenger is, dismissing/believing any information without first doing one's own research is just ludicrous.