A bit rich that.

@ Zappa ... hindsight is a wonderful thing at times. We talk about rather different people at different times and very different amount of available info here. Only time will tell what the current board and the shareholders are up to. Perhaps it is better to leave the field to all those in the know and look back at these days in six months time.

Not if I get it right next time.

A bit rich that.

@ Zappa ... hindsight is a wonderful thing at times. We talk about rather different people at different times and very different amount of available info here. Only time will tell what the current board and the shareholders are up to. Perhaps it is better to leave the field to all those in the know and look back at these days in six months time.

You consistently get things completely wrong.

Football managers look forward and take one game at a time.

But the bookies look back at the form as part of a process to lay the odds.

A good football manager may have a 55-60% success rate

A bookie will have considerably more.

i don't think you could have picked a worse analogy. Bookies aren't successful by predicting who will win, a good one will make money whether it's a win, lose of draw for the favourite. It's matching the odds with the betting profile that really counts - and form is used as a starting point to predict how that will go to give the initial odds.

However, people who regularly bet on horses usually base it on form and I don't think many are very successful - hence the successful bookies.

Oh yeah, and on average, a football manager is... average.

i don't think you could have picked a worse analogy. Bookies aren't successful by predicting who will win, a good one will make money whether it's a win, lose of draw for the favourite. It's matching the odds with the betting profile that really counts - and form is used as a starting point to predict how that will go to give the initial odds.

However, people who regularly bet on horses usually base it on form and I don't think many are very successful - hence the successful bookies.

Oh yeah, and on average, a football manager is... average.

Really? How unlucky are Rangers then, having the clueless plonker that we have.

If you want to step back from our ongoing discussions here until things become clearer to you, that's entirely your prerogative.

You've missed your vocation; you should be a judge, perhaps you are?

BH, I'm not trying to be smart and say "I got it right whilst you got it wrong" because that isn't important.

The reason that I have laboured the point regards your erroneous judgement call on Charles Green is that I think it relevant, I'll try and explain why.

You are obviously an intelligent man with experience in football, finance and as an office bearer.

As such you'd expect your opinion to be considered and valued, I'm sure it is.

However, it is because of these relevant qualifications, intelligence and detailed attention you pay to issues Rangers............ it doesn't quite sit right with me that you didn't smell a rat with Green.

What I am saying is that your considered judgement on such general calls may be suspect or interested.

It may be that you are good at analysing the seperate details but find it more difficult to bring the whole picture together, one that includes 'other issues' (of which there are many at Ibrox).............Or simply you may have 'interests' that shape your 'public' judgement calls.

The relevance for whoever wants to, is to bear this in mind.

So FS found a friend who does the digging and kindergardening instead of and for him, fair enough. Off into the ignore list.

Sidenote: no-one at the time could have forseen what Whyte was up to, not even FS's crystal ball. Many on here where left flabberghasted by his deeds and not all of those were utterly anti-Whyte from the word go. That said, the current structure of the club in itself should make sure that something Whyte-ish will happen again. Though "those in know" will sure argue differently. We shall see.

Most Celtic websites seemed to know