Firstly, I do think it is an effective way to grab their attention.

However, This does constitute SPAM & the email addresses of GW & SE should not have been included in the petition. The petition is generating thousands of unsolicited email messages, which is not allowed by law (I believe). If the petition was setup by Mr Houston, then he is the individual responsible for generating the SPAM & the one that will get it in the neck - there is no defence or get out clause or argument as the was with the FB stuff.

Applying filters etc does not stop the msgs clogging up the Rangers mail system - which the IT dept have take care of, not Mr Easdale.

An important point is....Where is the legal action originating from??? Is it from the real victim of the SPAM - Rangers, or is it a another personal action from Mr Easdale??? I don't believe any personal action would hold up - the emails are not directed personally @ Mr Easdale. However, the club would have a strong case (unless the emails stop...)

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't agree with the actions being reported - FROM EITHER SIDE.

If there was such a thing as 'petition management', it might be an idea to disable any automatic e-mail generation* but accept the free publicity.

I think petition numbers are currently at the level of approximate ST renewals reported around a week ago.

* dependent to a degree on the wording of the communication between SoS and Levy&McRae.

What is it with Easedale that the first sign of someone challenging his opinion, he resorts to 'suing' or taking legal action of some kind. What does that tell you about him ??!!

No way on God's earth should this man and his brother be anywhere near our club. More to the point - WHO the hell are they fronting for as proxies ?!!!! The fact that we still have no confirmation of this is an absolute disgrace. What have they got to hide I wonder:wtf2: ??!!!

I'm surprised any petition means the fella is being spammed but, as with Easdale's previous legal complaint, I'd also be surprised if his frustration was worthy of litigation.

His complaint may also be more to do with the petition providers rather than SoS.

It's a bit petty but looking to sue is equally daft.

Probably. I'm not surprised though, as these two have a previous and Houston should have known better. Maybe he wants to take one for the team ... or rather cause here?

And people cry about him looking to sue those setting it up? What were people thinking here?

why the hell is he costantly looking to sue or take legal action against fans of the club ?? That's just ridiculous and tells you everything you need to know about him.

What a mess.

Get them out of our club once and for all !!!

Enough is enough !