looks like Keith Jackson's not convinced going by that tweet.

Yes, just had a scan of the online Record and I can't see anything about it.

Can someone on twitter please ask Jackson why that is.

One of the reasons that it's been difficult to keep a hold on events these past few years is down to the huge amount of misleading spin that is thrown out there.

It probably correlates with the amount of our money that has been used to pay spin doctors to work for the custodian of the day (including proxy group and their remit.)

It will also reflect the urgency with which spin-doctors are replaced (in part?) opposed to other departments, eg. scouting.

keith jackson ‏@tedermeatballs

@standupperer @ChrisGraham76 It was a tweet. Not a story. And I think I made my scepticism perfectly clear. If true I'm sure we'll be told.

1. Jackson knows the source.

2. He called it "close to the boardroom"

3. He was sceptical about the info in tweet.

4. He reafirms scepticism and infers he doesn't believe 'source close to boardroom'.

5. I see no official announcement

Conclusion.

Reafirms suspicions that the board are spinning a line.

What kind of board would do that and why ?

If I was to guess at the level of renewals, I'd say 15,000-16,000.

It's interesting or perhaps not surprising that the number chosen by the 'source close to the board' was the somewhat psychological 20K barrier.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable to me. The longer King is seen to be doing nothing (whether he is privately or not) the more likely many people will bite the bullet.

Club will continue to offer higher figures on the QT and that will panic people into renewing their old seat.

King may well be meeting with investors and/or fan groups but without suitable indications of their plans, many existing fence-sitters will renew in the interim. Will that be enough to get us to 35,000 or so? I very much doubt it but numbers of around 25,000 may be enough for the board to avoid further direct engagement until the next loan is required.

Loans have yet to be paid back so I'd say less than 5000. Unless the club is withholding money back and not meeting their committments?

Yeah, that sounds reasonable to me. The longer King is seen to be doing nothing (whether he is privately or not) the more likely many people will bite the bullet.

Club will continue to offer higher figures on the QT and that will panic people into renewing their old seat.

King may well be meeting with investors and/or fan groups but without suitable indications of their plans, many existing fence-sitters will renew in the interim. Will that be enough to get us to 35,000 or so? I very much doubt it but numbers of around 25,000 may be enough for the board to avoid further direct engagement until the next loan is required.

I think season ticket sales would not be at the 35,000 mark even if all was well in the board room. The standard of football would have an effect and we'd probably be closer to 30K than 35K, and that's despite the attractiveness of the league next season.

Loans have yet to be paid back so I'd say less than 5000. Unless the club is withholding money back and not meeting their committments?

I don't think that you can base the level of sales on the non-repayment of loans. There's lots of other mitigating factors, including ongoing expenses, one-off payments etc. There's no way it's as low as under 5,000.