I just can't see past Brazil.

Not been beaten in a competitive match at home for 40 years?!

Now that's a record!!

I remember the mighty PSV had never been beaten at home until they came up against the best club team in the world.

Not sure mate, this is a pretty decent bunch who have came through the ranks together. The last few World Cups they have been very very disappointing. I think they are going to surprise a few people. Ramires, Oscar, Willian, Fernandinho, Paulinho, Hernanes and ex Bayern midfielder Gustavo. I wouldn't call that light mate, it's probably as strong as any other team in the competition man for man.

Up front it may be light compared to what they have had in the past but Neymar, Hulk and A Nother(Jo/Fred) have all been working well together.

Ramires - Blows hot and cold. Oscar - Terrific player but has been posted missing for 6 months. Willian - Also has blown hot and cold at Chelsea. Fernandinho - has been very solid for City but I wouldn't call him a world beater. Paulinho - had a poor season. Hernanes - not a regular at Inter. Gustavo - Again, solid but not a world beater.

Compare that to Spain for example who have the three standout world class central midfielders in world football. Also, Germany have a plethora of world class players in midfield eg Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Reus (midfielder/forward) etc.

I'm not saying Brazil don't have decent players, I just don't see that squad winning the tournament. With regard to me saying their midfield and attack is light, look at their squad when they last won the world cup. Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Ronaldo etc.

Of course it's not just about individual talent but I just don't see past Spain and the only teams I see troubling them are Germany and Argentina.

They will have the host advantage which can be fairly significant, look how well South Korea did (though very dodgy refs helped).

I can't see past Spain though. If Costa is fit they will have a top striker now as well, which they haven't had since Villa was at his peak.

They pretty much won the Euro's with no recognised striker (I think Torres only started against Ireland), with Fabregas often as a false 9. Costa will add a different dimension. With Costa joining Chelsea he will probably become a complete turkey now though :)!

Its one from Germany, Argentina and Spain for me. Brazil's home advantage will get them through until they come up against one of those.

If I was to name a dark horse then I think Chile may get out of the group that includes Holland and Spain. A lot expected of Belgium but I would say Switzerland could be a dark horse.

We are due a good world cup and with the groups drawn as they are with big matches early on and open groups I think we'll get an overall great WC.

don't know who will win bur brazil have the home advantage and the pedigree as for England a quarter final will ne a good display but keep an eye on Belgium to do well

Its one from Germany, Argentina and Spain for me. Brazil's home advantage will get them through until they come up against one of those.

If I was to name a dark horse then I think Chile may get out of the group that includes Holland and Spain. A lot expected of Belgium but I would say Switzerland could be a dark horse.

We are due a good world cup and with the groups drawn as they are with big matches early on and open groups I think we'll get an overall great WC.

Has the elite not already picked the winner anyway? :fishing:

Spain and the Germans will do well, but i think may struggle with the humidity.

Would have to say brazil or argentina on the basis i dont think the europan teams will quite handle the conditions.

i'm sure spain played friendly last year in one of the staduims and struggled in a 0-0- match.

Has the elite not already picked the winner anyway? :fishing:

Spain and the Germans will do well, but i think may struggle with the humidity.

Would have to say brazil or argentina on the basis i dont think the europan teams will quite handle the conditions.

i'm sure spain played friendly last year in one of the staduims and struggled in a 0-0- match.

The elite have won with all the big teams being there. ;)

It depends if the draw see's some of the European clubs play in the south as the tournament goes on, which will be a bit cooler. Spain should adapt ok as their climate is warm in general.