Legia appeal upheld. Take Celtic's place in Champions League.

Maribor head of security Slobodan Slosovic breathes sigh of relief as plans to build special "cages" to house visiting fans are suspended and Scottish Polish fans still recovering from injuries sustained at Tynecastle are declared unfit to travel.

Celtic now away to Steaua Bucharest in ELQ4.

A Bucharest Police spokesperson said - we remember those wild Glasgow fans from the Unirea match, we couldn't stop them with tear gas and pepper spray, unaccountably they still wanted to lay down their banners and watch the game in peace. We'll nuke them this time.

Local taxi drivers once again promise special tourist rates for visiting fans.

WTF - is that supposed to be funny?

We can only watch there appeal and pray for a little luck and they win the appeal. Much ad I don't think it will happen. It would send timmy into overdrive now if they got it whipped from under there noses now. (Not that I expect it to happen but I've consigned myself to hoping that they do)

They didnt register the player for the St Pats games because he was suspended and couldnt play. Seems logical to me if the rules say otherwise

Also assuming they had to register him for the first leg against Septic(so he could play in the second leg as they thought) did it not flag up he couldnt play in either leg?

They didnt register the player for the St Pats games because he was suspended and couldnt play. Seems logical to me if the rules say otherwise

Also assuming they had to register him for the first leg against Septic(so he could play in the second leg as they thought) did it not flag up he couldnt play in either leg?

As much as it kills me to say it, the point about them potentially having a squad member more than they should have for St pats game (yup we know they pumped them anyway. But...) I think it's it's a crap rule too as the fringe player would probably have played no part. .. as pointed out by others.... but point is they should only have had a squad of 24 for those games. ..

Last one is a good point and goes back to what I said about UEFA not flagging up the failure to register for the St Pats game.

As much as it kills me to say it, the point about them potentially having a squad member more than they should have for St pats game (yup we know they pumped them anyway. But...) I think it's it's a crap rule too as the fringe player would probably have played no part. .. as pointed out by others.... but point is they should only have had a squad of 24 for those games. ..

Correct and I think that's why the rule is the way it is.

Also I suppose it's possible that you don't intend playing that player in Europe then you wouldn't register him at all, so you get your full complement of 25 and let's say his contract is up at the end of the season it becomes someone else's problem.

Last one is a good point and goes back to what I said about UEFA not flagging up the failure to register for the St Pats game.

As it is the club's choice to decide on who it wants to register, there was no failure on UEFA's part.

As it is the club's choice to decide on who it wants to register, there was no failure on UEFA's part.

You take a curiously positive stance on UEFA's actions. Where's that open-mindedness when talking McCoist or Rangers board, I wonder ...

You take a curiously positive stance on UEFA's actions. Where's that open-mindedness when talking McCoist or Rangers board, I wonder ...

What does an open mind have to do with understanding a regulation which is explicit in it's language and leaves no room for ambiguity? I am not giving my opinion here, I am stating the facts.

Anyway, I told you yesterday when you started this shite - report whatever suspicions you have to admin and let us see what comes of it.

I wasn't really suggesting a failure by UEFA just a degree of surprise that they wouldn't bring it to a Club's attention but you are correct and I have really disproved my own point by thinking beyond the next tie. It's perfectly possible that a club might chose not to register a player, unlikely but perfectly possible.

Since we are agreed that there was no failure on UEFA's part, we can save Legia the Appeal Fee I think, though it's probabaly already gone in.