You take a curiously positive stance on UEFA's actions. Where's that open-mindedness when talking McCoist or Rangers board, I wonder ...

dB, I don't think it's a case of being positive or negative it's just a case of pointing out the facts. Rangersitis has a clear grasp of the Rules, I don't see how he can be faulted for that, quite the opposite IMHO.

I wasn't really suggesting a failure by UEFA just a degree of surprise that they wouldn't bring it to a Club's attention but you are correct and I have really disproved my own point by thinking beyond the next tie. It's perfectly possible that a club might chose not to register a player, unlikely but perfectly possible.

Since we are agreed that there was no failure on UEFA's part, we can save Legia the Appeal Fee I think, though it's probabaly already gone in.

We can take half the fee.

where is the sporting integrity here then

There isn't any Sporting Integrity.

Quite frankly I find it astounding in this day and age that UEFA cannot take on the responsibility to advise clubs before ties about which of their registered players are suspended and/or ineligible for that tie.It is truly mindblowing that a team can get thrown out of a competition because a player plays for the final 2 minutes of a tie which they'd won at a canter against weak opposition but due to an admin error the two games in the previous round did not count towards a suspension he and his club thought he'd completed.

The fact cannot be ignored the player DID serve a three match ban and that SHOULD be recognised by UEFA.If Uefa want to ban any player they should ensure the club is fully aware of that ban and its duration and when completed.

Its a bit like getting a years driving ban but six months later you get it extended for another six months because an admin error was spotted at the beginning and the first six months ban don't count. Nonsense