Not to me. Does Craig Houston winning an election of SoS supporters make him any more qualified to speak to members of the Board than he is at present?

I'd imagine that the RFB is supposed to work to the advanatge of the fans.

This suggestion works to the advantage of the executive board of RIFC/TRFC.

The number of ST holders that didn't renew show the numbers that were listening to the issues that the SoS/UoF brought out into the open.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This was always going to be about attempts to marginalise 'awkward groups', I'm just surprised how quick off the blocks they are in pushing for it.

Instead of transparency and openness we get moves to counter attack and discourage protests via a fansboard :rolleyes:

Is that not self evident?

No, and the fact that you are attempting restricting the Board to speaking to 12 fans only Is concerning.

You weren't elected by all Rangers fans and many were disenfranchised. Some fans may wish to raise concerns through means other than those set out by this set of directors.

It limits issues being raised and with all due respect, there may be issues that need to be raised by those with more experience in that area than the current 12 possess.

We have had various meetings over the past few years with groups of fans (I have been at 2 or 3) when we had the opportunity to express concerns and we currently have the fans elected trying to prevent that sort of thing.

It comes across as elitism and is not what the RFB should be all about.

I agree that the Minutes are confusing on this issue, personally I would not have used that format; but re-writing that section would have meant re-writing the whole thing in a different format and since I was the only person who put up ANY amendments I didn't want to slow the process further by suggesting a complete re-write.

It would be interesting to hear what your amendments were.

The suggestion came from Rangers Media web site where it had widespread support; but again I would stress that as I understood it, it related to unelected bodies. I didn't put it forward as my proposal but, yes, I agree that now that there is an elected Fans Board in place Rangers should not meet unelected groups.

I'm very surprised that such a suggestion would have had 'widespread support' on RM, especially since there's a lot of support for VB who've had meetings with Craig Whyte, Charles Green & co as well as Graham Wallace & co over the past few years (if I'm not mistaken).

It's also a rather strange notion for the RFB to even consider or suggest defining 'unelected' bodies or groups when so many fans were left out of the RFB election process. We're talking about roughly 15,000 fans who didn't renew their season tickets, many of whom had been ST holders for decades. How many of them do you think signed up to the membership scheme and voted in the RFB elections?

Also, since this is a question often asked of other fan groups & bodies, how about providing some numbers based on the actual number of unique voters for the RFB elections? How many people voted? <1000? >1000? >2000? What was the number?

My understanding of the final point you have highlighted is that future channels of communication would be discussed with the directors.

Ok. Well, hopefully the remaining and new directors aren't naive enough to agree to narrowing down their face to face channels of communication with the wider fan base solely to a newly formed 'fan board' created by a CEO who has just exited stage left.

As far as representation of other elected groups are concerned the question was raised by the RSA and individually by William (Monty) Mongomery.

They were right to raise it, but the minutes suggest that after a response (from who?) you then raised the other suggestion put forward by RM members (which you also happened to agree with), is that right?

BH, do you intend to put yourself forward as an office bearer of the RFB ?

Obviously that is something you may choose not to answer and I'd understand.

It's my opinion for many and ever more reasons that you shouldn't. Firstly, in the interests of the RFB

I don't suppose you'll be interested but my advice would be to concentrate on the lot of the 'away fans'.

As I have stated on here already, the election is being conducted by the Rev MacQuarrie on a strictly confidential basis and not even the Board members will know the candidates until the ballot papers are issued at the next meeting.

And you are correct, I am not interested in your advice.

From your response, it looks like your answer to Time4_Change's question is a resounding 'YES'. :hammer:

It comes across as elitism and is not what the RFB should be all about.

What is the RFB about? Undermine fans groups? Control and steer fan opinion in favour of the board? Genuine attempt at fan representation?

What is the RFB about? Undermine fans groups? Control and steer fan opinion in favour of the board? Genuine attempt at fan representation?

I sincerely hope is the latter since my sole reason for joining was a means to improve the lot of the wheelchair using fans.

From those minutes it seems to be a combination of irrelevant bureaucracy and undermining any 'detractors' (ie people not afraid to speak out).

Is it Monty Python or the film Brazil where there's a joke that sees a character having to fill out a form to fill out another form? This reminds me of that. Worrying about pedantic nonsense when we have a club torn apart.