Good idea to invite the Manager to a future meeting.

I was surprised that the CEO chose to leave after his opening remarks and said so at the time.

Disagree. The manager should be concentrating his efforts with on-field efforts. The idea of having him attend a fans meeting is absurd, frankly, in my opinion. And actually sounds more like an opportunity to just sit and schmooze whilst being given the time to play armchair football manager.

"Ally, why aren't you playing Templeton instead of Aird"

"Ally, why aren't you playing a 4-4-2 instead of a 4-3-3"

Sorry, but this isn't Championship Manager

I prefer the fans board to concentrate on the off-field stuff, the infrastructure which gives the manager the tools to be successful.

I don't see what benefit there is from sitting the manager in front of the fans board. What will it change ? formation ? personnel ? tactics ? Of course it wont - so what would the point be ?

Disagree. The manager should be concentrating his efforts with on-field efforts. The idea of having him attend a fans meeting is absurd, frankly, in my opinion. And actually sounds more like an opportunity to just sit and schmooze whilst being given the time to play armchair football manager.

"Ally, why aren't you playing Templeton instead of Aird"

"Ally, why aren't you playing a 4-4-2 instead of a 4-3-3"

Sorry, but this isn't Championship Manager

I prefer the fans board to concentrate on the off-field stuff, the infrastructure which gives the manager the tools to be successful.

I don't see what benefit there is from sitting the manager in front of the fans board. What will it change ? formation ? personnel ? tactics ? Of course it wont - so what would the point be ?

By all means the fan board probably shouldn't be trying to tell him what team to play, but letting him know that many fans are deeply unsatisfied with the style of football and/or results he serves up sounds very reasonable in my view.

If the boardroom hierarchy are to be scrutinised why shouldn't the manager of the football club?

Well that just goes to show that this isn't going to be easy!

I would just like to make one thing clear. The suggestion that the Club should not meet unelected fans groups in future was a view that was strongly held on another forum and I see it was supported by at least one member on here. The Minute "Suggested that Rangers do not meet with other fans groups now that we have the RFB in place" is inaccurate inasmuch as the word "unelected" has been omitted and I missed that in the draft. I will seek to have it amended at the next meeting.

My recollection is that it was met with a murmur of approval but as Billy says, the Minutes cannot reflect every single nuance and the formatting was not helpful to understanding who said what or who disagreed with any particular point.

By all means the fan board probably shouldn't be trying to tell him what team to play, but letting him know that many fans are deeply unsatisfied with the style of football and/or results he serves up sounds very reasonable in my view.

If the boardroom hierarchy are to be scrutinised why shouldn't the manager of the football club?

McCoist may be a lot of things but he's certainly no fool he knows exactly what the fans think of our style and performances,

McCoist may be a lot of things but he's certainly no fool he knows exactly what the fans think of our style and performances,

The media very rarely seem to scrutinise him about it though, this way would be harder for him to hide from it.

I appreciate the fans board obviously can't become a sack the manager group but i'd certainly like to think he'd meet you all at some point.

The media very rarely seem to scrutinise him about it though, this way would be harder for him to hide from it.

I appreciate the fans board obviously can't become a sack the manager group but i'd certainly like to think he'd meet you all at some point.

I think it's more important to meet with the various board members whoever they happen to be at the time than it is to meet with McCoist presently.

I think it's more important to meet with the various board members whoever they happen to be at the time than it is to meet with McCoist presently.

That's obviously important as well.

Sadly I don't see McCoist going anywhere in the near future so I'm sure there will be opportunity at some point!