Rather than assuming this is BH having a go at the RST, it's every bit as possible that this 'don't talk to other groups' is the RM/C-D faction trying to marginalise the UoF-SoS.

That's what it sounds like to me.

People don't want Craig Houston or Chris Graham near the club because they haven't been elected. That has some merit in a formal sense but club engagement should be open to all as much as possible.

The outcry over the RFB process is just another example of the party (and petty) politics our fanbase seems to revel in nowadays.

Rather than assuming this is BH having a go at the RST, it's every bit as possible that this 'don't talk to other groups' is the RM/C-D faction trying to marginalise the UoF-SoS.

It's impossible to assume anything when the minutes are so unclear.

BH's answer to Frankie's question didn't really clear up the mud either.

I would say that there is a mixture of both in there.

Well that just goes to show that this isn't going to be easy!

I would just like to make one thing clear. The suggestion that the Club should not meet unelected fans groups in future was a view that was strongly held on another forum and I see it was supported by at least one member on here. The Minute "Suggested that Rangers do not meet with other fans groups now that we have the RFB in place" is inaccurate inasmuch as the word "unelected" has been omitted and I missed that in the draft. I will seek to have it amended at the next meeting.

My recollection is that it was met with a murmur of approval but as Billy says, the Minutes cannot reflect every single nuance and the formatting was not helpful to understanding who said what or who disagreed with any particular point.

Hardly a ringing endorsement though BH.

We may be fractured and split all over the place, but I would be in disbelief if you believe that this suggestion isn't every bit as divisive as we are all already complaining about.

I think it's more important to meet with the various board members whoever they happen to be at the time than it is to meet with McCoist presently.

And that is it in a nutshell.

Sad though it is.... on-field garbage is actually the least of our worries at the present time. Holding the Board accountable for off-field actions is our biggest concern - yet some just want that armchair manager chinwag with McCoist.

There is absolutely no need for this fan board to meet the team manager. There is every need to demand answers from those who are running the club, and this is what it should be concentrating on. Forlan from this forum seems to be up to speed with the financial and governance issues and perhaps he should lead on these matters.

I'm confident that he will ask the questions that others would never dare to.

I'd disagree RE: meeting with McCoist.

Yes, it may well be that he couldn't care less what we think about his style and he may well be aware of our opinions already but, as it stands, many fans are unhappy with the manager so there should be no reason why his position and decision-making isn't held to account in the same way other senior staff and directors should be.

Of course we have to be careful not to lose focus and ensure the agenda is led by obvious priorities but neither should we automatically dismiss any possible subject of discussion just because we may subjectively feel it isn't important. For example, as I'm not a member of an RSC and I'm not overly interested in their activities but many thousands of fans will be. Obviously that may bring us back to the position other groups have in on the fans board going forward.

Generally it's a balancing exercise so we can only hope the office bearers keep the agenda fair in that respect.

I'd disagree RE: meeting with McCoist.

Yes, it may well be that he couldn't care less what we think about his style and he may well be aware of our opinions already but, as it stands, many fans are unhappy with the manager so there should be no reason why his position and decision-making isn't held to account in the same way other senior staff and directors should be.

Of course we have to be careful not to lose focus and ensure the agenda is led by obvious priorities but neither should we automatically dismiss any possible subject of discussion just because we may subjectively feel it isn't important. For example, as I'm not a member of an RSC and I'm not overly interested in their activities but many thousands of fans will be. Obviously that may bring us back to the position other groups have in on the fans board going forward.

Generally it's a balancing exercise so we can only hope the office bearers keep the agenda fair in that respect.

Can you imagine this board, resplendent in suits and Rangers ties, taking this manager to task on football matters?

Ally will politely say - show us your medals - and then be charming and entertaining as people thrill at meeting a legend.

If anybody from the board meets him, it should be someone who will probe him on his football philosophy, someone who will insist on detailed answers instead of bluster, and someone who won't be star-struck.

To be honest, though, it's not a good idea. When people get to meet and know the manager, they will probably find it harder to demand his sacking. I think it would be better if they introduced another rule for their constitution - members of the board should not be formally introduced to players and management.