Why would the compensation be £1.4m? Are they entitled to a year's compensation based on their original salary? They earn nowhere near £1.4m collectively now, though would have earned that prior. Perhaps this suggests their wages are only being deferred? I would have thought their entitlement would be one year's current salary.

It's 1.4M because the 'Rangers Insider' briefed the media using this number.

Whether it is accurate is another matter.

Edited by buster.

Why would the compensation be £1.4m? Are they entitled to a year's compensation based on their original salary? They earn nowhere near £1.4m collectively now, though would have earned that prior. Perhaps this suggests their wages are only being deferred? I would have thought their entitlement would be one year's current salary.

I would hazard a guess that Mr Rangers negotiated the mother of all onerous contracts when agreeing to the wage cut/deferral/noose around our necks .. whatever you want to call it..

IIRC, FS has said it would cost us around that in the past due to his complicated contract.

In effect although he's taken a wage cut, it's only temporary and the full annual amount would be due should he be sacked. Add in the wages of Durrant, McDowall and Stewart then I'd fancy that will easily take us to well over £1million.

IIRC, FS has said it would cost us around that in the past due to his complicated contract.

In effect although he's taken a wage cut, it's only temporary and the full annual amount would be due should he be sacked. Add in the wages of Durrant, McDowall and Stewart then I'd fancy that will easily take us to well over £1million.

Yes, the devil will be in the detail and you'll be looking at a lot of money.

You now have a situation that will get uglier with a campaign to try and force Ally to walk or at least negotiate down. This will de done by stoking the anger and pushing it towards hatred. Obviously, another bad result tomorrow would do it for them.

Yet another embarrassment for the club who have taken in some 100,000,000 pounds since 2012, not to be able to pay off their manager. It beggers belief how we have been run and how they have largely got away with it.

Frankie, your Open Letter hit the mark or rather the right tone and put into words what many were thinking. In amongst what was akin to a battlefield full of anger and frustration, your letter was measured, reasonable and gave everyone 'an out'.

Edited by buster.

Presumably they go back to their original salaries in the SPFL (good luck with that).

Is this guy for real? Below is from the BBC website.

Asked if he still had the backing of the board, the club's record goalscorer said: "Absolutely, yeah.

"Have I lost the confidence of the fans? No, no. But you always get a reaction from poorer results."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist

"One more defeat certainly won't be the breaking point for me. I've said all along the job is to get the team back to the top flight, where we feel we belong."