Sorry mate, but I know the man fairly well and the mates he grew up with, and who he hangs with just now, including John Brown, with whom he has joint interests with in the East Kilbride area. Money plays a HUGE part in our manager's life. He will never walk without a massive pay off - 100%!

How we laughed when he said during Admin that he didn't know what he was being paid. No manager ever took the fans for idiots more than Ally with that comment.

I don't know the man personally, but I'll say this...I regarded him as a true Ranger like every Bear did, but now I'm not so sure because of what has happened THIS SEASON! McCoist should have resigned if not after the Hearts result, then certainly after that joke in midweek against a side missing 9 part-timers from the squad.

I saw him talking on Skysports and couldn't believe he had the brass neck to say another defeat wouldn't push him???

He doesn't do walking away...he'd rather pocket our cash and to f*ck with his reputation among the fans, 26 goals against them and hat-tricks in finals are all out the windae as far as he is concerned. It's all about giving his 5 weans the most for their future, and f*ck everybody else including our weans.

Oh the drama. If, or when, McCoist leaves we are still left with a bunch of under-achieving, poor-quality players and an horrendous board.

It was the players who lost the momentum on Wednesday, not McCoist. Remember too, that since administration the various boards have spent virtually nothing , except wages, to improve the quality of player personnel.

I am not making a case for keeping McCoist, his contribution is poor, but remember what we shall be left with after his departure. Is he really the root cause of this nightmare?

It may make you feel better to be rid of him, but realistically, what does it achieve?

Frankie, your Open Letter was mentioned a couple of times on Friday Sportsound tonight and was given high praise by Mr Tom English.

Make of that what you will.

I can't say I'd ever be comfortable being in a conversation with English and McLaughlin when it comes to discussing our club's problems but I wrote the letter with the point of it being shared far and wide so I'm happy that my careful criticisms have been featured in the written press and national radio.

I think it's safe to say the players and managers will now be aware of it so it's job done for me. I now hope it can spur them on to prove me and the thousands of other critics wrong.

Oh the drama. If, or when, McCoist leaves we are still left with a bunch of under-achieving, poor-quality players and an horrendous board.

It was the players who lost the momentum on Wednesday, not McCoist. Remember too, that since administration the various boards have spent virtually nothing , except wages, to improve the quality of player personnel.

I am not making a case for keeping McCoist, his contribution is poor, but remember what we shall be left with after his departure. Is he really the root cause of this nightmare?

It may make you feel better to be rid of him, but realistically, what does it achieve?

You seriously would want McCoist to be given more money? You seriously think he could turn it around? You seriously don't remember how bad he was when he had good players at his disposal? You seriously don't think the players he has should be capable of wiping the floor with the likes of Alloa? You seriously think our style of football has nothing to do with this? You seriously think McCoist, Durrant and McDowall, deserve the HUGE salaries they are draining out of our already skint Club? You seriously don't think a more progressive manager would give the place a huge lift (and someone the players would be shit scared to go back to had they lost a 2 goal lead within 18 min)?

You serious?

I can't say I'd ever be comfortable being in a conversation with English and McLaughlin when it comes to discussing our club's problems but I wrote the letter with the point of it being shared far and wide so I'm happy that my careful criticisms have been featured in the written press and national radio.

I think it's safe to say the players and managers will now be aware of it so it's job done for me. I now hope it can spur them on to prove me and the thousands of other critics wrong.

Unfortunately I do not think you will be proved wrong. I think Ally McCoist is past the point of return and needs replaced. As Ive said before there are two tricky away games this month to QOS and Hibz and nothing less than victories in both will prevent Hertz increasing their lead IMO. Should we not get victories in these two games then I think events will take a turn for the worst for Ally with either him or the board having no option but to act.

Edited by RANGERRAB

I don't know the man personally, but I'll say this...I regarded him as a true Ranger like every Bear did, but now I'm not so sure because of what has happened THIS SEASON! McCoist should have resigned if not after the Hearts result, then certainly after that joke in midweek against a side missing 9 part-timers from the squad.

I saw him talking on Skysports and couldn't believe he had the brass neck to say another defeat wouldn't push him???

He doesn't do walking away...he'd rather pocket our cash and to f*ck with his reputation among the fans, 26 goals against them and hat-tricks in finals are all out the windae as far as he is concerned. It's all about giving his 5 weans the most for their future, and f*ck everybody else including our weans.

if your last 3 bosses have had huge pay offs to leave their job would you walk for free?

I think it has helped to highlight how poor the debate on this matter has been, both online and in the mainstream. Within it, the cream (your OL) has risen to the top.

You took the time to put together a well constructed, detailed piece that conveyed your passion, retained objectivity and put accross a message that had more force than more direct and sometimes abusive posts ever will.

I think it should serve as a lesson for many of us on social media.

As with many things in life, thought is good, analysis is good, quality is good, objectivity is good.

Mainstream journalists may like to take notice of that general message aswell.

Quality, based on hard work would be appreciated. Richard Wilson stands out as the one who has the knowledge, analytical skills and ability to inform the public in words of what is going on.

At the other end of the scale, Chris McLaughlin (CM) depends on his Toxic source at Mediahouse and willingly acts as a conduit of slanted spin when asked to do so. There are factual examples and sometimes the language employed betrays what seems a less than neutral emphasis.

On yesterdays Sportsound podcast when the numbers (1.4M Sterling) were mentioned, CM talked of "getting rid of....", not to pay off but "to get rid".

Small detail that passes by and you could say in tune with messageboard rhetoric BUT not language you'd expect from a 'senior BBC reporter'. (2mins 45secs/ see link below)

On the same podcast, he also appears to contradict himself regards McCoists thoughts on how the board have reacted. (45 secs)

Link to podcast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

First mention of Open Letter (4mins 40 secs)

Edited by buster.