Is this guy for real? Below is from the BBC website.

Asked if he still had the backing of the board, the club's record goalscorer said: "Absolutely, yeah.

"Have I lost the confidence of the fans? No, no. But you always get a reaction from poorer results."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist

"One more defeat certainly won't be the breaking point for me. I've said all along the job is to get the team back to the top flight, where we feel we belong."

So not only do we have no faith in him or his team but HE doesn't either. That next defeat won't be far off.

Is this guy for real? Below is from the BBC website.

Asked if he still had the backing of the board, the club's record goalscorer said: "Absolutely, yeah.

"Have I lost the confidence of the fans? No, no. But you always get a reaction from poorer results."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist

"One more defeat certainly won't be the breaking point for me. I've said all along the job is to get the team back to the top flight, where we feel we belong."

Whatever he is on - I'd love to try some of it. Escaping reality sounds cool.

We will soon hate McCoist more than the bastards who have put us in this position.

I genuinely hope it doesn't come to that and Ally will see sense if things continue as they are.

However I fear selfish financial greed is what's behind his stance at the moment. He knows he's unlikely to get another manager's job like this one given his record and is sticking it out to get every last penny he's due if he's sacked

We will soon hate McCoist more than the bastards who have put us in this position.

and therein lies the tragedy.

For the record, I don't think McCoist is staying in the job for the money (I doubt that plays any meaningful part in his thinking) and I don't ascribe any underhand or unworthy motives to his determination to remain as manager.

He really, honestly, truly does believe he is the man to get us back to where we should be and it is that utter belief in his own ability that made him the striker he was.

Unfortunately, this time, his belief is misplaced. He's had two and a half seasons to come up with even the promise of some green shoots of recovery and all we have to show for it is a team full of has-beens, coulda beens and never will be's whose every outing offers the promises of yet another humiliation.

It is this refusal to face reality and inability to see the limits of his own abilities and, more than that, teh knowledge that he is simply incapable of seeing them that is depressing.

I'll never hate or even dislike Ally, but, in the words of Chet Baker, the thrill is gone.

and therein lies the tragedy.

For the record, I don't think McCoist is staying in the job for the money (I doubt that plays any meaningful part in his thinking) and I don't ascribe any underhand or unworthy motives to his determination to remain as manager.

He really, honestly, truly does believe he is the man to get us back to where we should be and it is that utter belief in his own ability that made him the striker he was.

Unfortunately, this time, his belief is misplaced. He's had two and a half seasons to come up with even the promise of some green shoots of recovery and all we have to show for it is a team full of has-beens, coulda beens and never will be's whose every outing offers the promises of yet another humiliation.

It is this refusal to face reality and inability to see the limits of his own abilities and, more than that, teh knowledge that he is simply incapable of seeing them that is depressing.

I'll never hate or even dislike Ally, but, in the words of Chet Baker, the thrill is gone.

There's probably a lot of truth in what you say RPB but as I said earlier I fear there's selfish financial greed in this too.

One of Ally's biggest problems too unfortunately is he's got ideas and ambitions as a manager well beyond his abilities as a manager.He seems to think it'll all work out in the end OK. It won't though. Rangers have two very tricky away games this month with QOS and Hibz which could mean Hertz even increasing their nine point lead.

What will our incumbent board do then ?

I don't think McCoist is staying in the job for the money (I doubt that plays any meaningful part in his thinking)

Sorry mate, but I know the man fairly well and the mates he grew up with, and who he hangs with just now, including John Brown, with whom he has joint interests with in the East Kilbride area. Money plays a HUGE part in our manager's life. He will never walk without a massive pay off - 100%!

How we laughed when he said during Admin that he didn't know what he was being paid. No manager ever took the fans for idiots more than Ally with that comment.

Edited by Anchorman