Remember folks, he's only offered it for now. It remains to be accepted and the timing of his departure confirmed.

It may be he leaves at the end of the season.

That would be the worst possible scenario Frankie, Ally can't get much out the team atm, can you imagine them trying any harder because he's on his way out?

Agreed, hope and can't see that playing out.

Mixed emotions here, I'm gutted, a legend for our Club, and some of the personal abuse he had to take form a section of our so called fans was shamefull.

Criticism yes, certainly, deserved as well, but personal abuse was well out of order.

That being said, I do feel it wasn't to anyone's benefit for Ally to stay on at present, results, dwindling crowds, his reputation getting tarnished etc etc.

But, I'm sure there's much more to this, and the spin will unfortunately start soon, such is the shambles we are as a club at present.

Miller for me, at least short term, has showed more passion than the other 3 combined this season for me.

Nothing up on the official site yet, not even a one line statement to inform fans of the actual situation.

The board rushed their last statement and had to take part of it down,............. now they can't get one out.

One constant in the soap opera............from Bean to Cup, they f**k it up.

Edited by buster.

Former Rangers midfielder Jorg Albertz gave his reaction to McCoist's offer to resign.

He told BBC Scotland: "I can't judge him as a coach because I've never seen him in action. But it's not been an easy situation for him, you can't compare him with other Rangers managers because of the money situation at the club.

"But I personally think he can motivate a team because I've seen him do that as a player.

"When you talk about Rangers you talk about Ally McCoist, everybody knows what a great player he was, a great goal scorer.''

He was a joy to play with and is a great person to get to know.''

Was just thinking with so many fans wanting him out,and if there is a new manager in place for the next home game it might create a wee bit more interest!

you may be right mate, but so many bears are also just disillusioned by the chancers running the club. The whole thing has sucked the life out of so many. It's going to be very difficult to get them all back. Some may be lost forever.

Edited by MoodyBlue

lets face it he never had a clue as a manager must be the worst manager we have ever had wont be missed would have been better if he would have went at the end of last season lets hope we get someone with a good football pedigree in management