Former Rangers midfielder Jorg Albertz gave his reaction to McCoist's offer to resign.

He told BBC Scotland: "I can't judge him as a coach because I've never seen him in action. But it's not been an easy situation for him, you can't compare him with other Rangers managers because of the money situation at the club.

"But I personally think he can motivate a team because I've seen him do that as a player.

"When you talk about Rangers you talk about Ally McCoist, everybody knows what a great player he was, a great goal scorer.''

He was a joy to play with and is a great person to get to know.''

The big man clearly hasn't seen us trudge through the past few years managed by a club legend who is in no way a football manager in a million years.

Ally as a player - I idolised.

Ally as a manager - someone who i grew to dislike, which hurts like hell.

Edited by MoodyBlue

I read that Ally was taken into a meeting with Lambias and he basically told McCoist the players they would like to try and move on in the Jan window, and also the list of players out of contract at the end of the season which they would not offer a renewed contract to. Apparently this was what prompted his letter of resignation. No idea of who was on this list, if this was the true story of what happened.

If this is the case, then perhaps he feels with the boards lists of demands - that he couldn't take Rangers further and so handed in his notice.

Edited by True_Ger_1872

you may be right mate, but so many bears are also just disillusioned by the chancers running the club. The whole thing has sucked the life out of so many. It's going to be very difficult to get them all back. Some may be lost forever.

i am sure that some have been, I worry over how many. But then I worry over so many things Rangers related

I read that Ally was taken into a meeting with Lambias and he basically told McCoist the players they would like to try and move on in the Jan window, and also the list of players out of contract at the end of the season which they would not offer a renewed contract to. Apparently this was what prompted his letter of resignation. No idea of who was on this list, if this was the true story of what happened.

If this is the case, then perhaps he feels with the boards lists of demands - that he couldn't take Rangers further and so handed in his notice.

If this was the case, then I have no problem with that.

I am no supporter of the board - far from it - but someone had to tell him that mcCulloch is shite and has no future and that he has brought in rotten players who have to go.

Essentially, Rangers find themselves in a position where they cannot afford the pay-off, so they are rejecting it. They may see this as the next move in an effort to talk Ally into accepting less if he wants to leave in a hurry, but what we actually have now is a lame duck manager with a lame duck club.