Looking ahead, if the good guys eventually take control, I wonder what their plans will be, if any, for fan ownership?

They must surely realise that the club could fall into the wrong hands again in the future, and the best way - the only way - to guard against this is fan ownership.

There's no point in winning the day only to lose it again somewhere further down the line.

The good guys are going to have to throw the club's ownership open to everyone - not on day one - but over the course of a few years.

Done constructively and harmoniously, the club could finally achieve the stability that fan ownership will bring, and let it plan for the future in a meaningful way.

Well done to the 'good guys' involved in and around events of the past few weeks, for the playing what appears from the outside to have been a bit of a 'blinder'.

Question for Rab........Good to see the SFA acting in the best interests of Scottish football, don't you think ?

-------------------------------------------------------

Many hurdles still to be jumped but if executive control is secured, a very challanging situation regards finances is faced.

Edited by buster.

Andy Newport@AndyNewportPA 3m3 minutes ago

On PA wires: Laxey partners chairman Colin Kingsnorth confirms he has sold his 16% stake to the Three Bears: "I sold because a fans-based...

Andy Newport@AndyNewportPA 7m7 minutes ago

group were hopefully going to be the best placed to take on Ashley's power. After Ashley removed Norman Crighton, Ashley's most vocal...

critic, it was obvious David Somers was just a wet fish agreeing anything Ashley wanted. I am sure the Three Bears are an upgrade on us...

Andy Newport@AndyNewportPA 8m8 minutes ago

for fans and hopefully this is the start of the ownership being in the right hands."

Andy Newport@AndyNewportPA 3m3 minutes ago

On PA wires: Laxey partners chairman Colin Kingsnorth confirms he has sold his 16% stake to the Three Bears: "I sold because a fans-based...

group were hopefully going to be the best placed to take on Ashley's power. After Ashley removed Norman Crighton, Ashley's most vocal...

critic, it was obvious David Somers was just a wet fish agreeing anything Ashley wanted. I am sure the Three Bears are an upgrade on us...

Andy Newport@AndyNewportPA 8m8 minutes ago

for fans and hopefully this is the start of the ownership being in the right hands."

Brilliant! In non Twitter speak:

Laxey partners chairman Colin Kingsnorth confirms he has sold his 16% stake to the Three Bears: "I sold because a fans-based group were hopefully going to be the best placed to take on Ashley's power. After Ashley removed Norman Crighton, Ashley's most vocal critic, it was obvious David Somers was just a wet fish agreeing anything Ashley wanted. I am sure the Three Bears are an upgrade on us for fans and hopefully this is the start of the ownership being in the right hands."

Brilliant! In non Twitter speak:

Laxey partners chairman Colin Kingsnorth confirms he has sold his 16% stake to the Three Bears: "I sold because a fans-based group were hopefully going to be the best placed to take on Ashley's power. After Ashley removed Norman Crighton, Ashley's most vocal critic, it was obvious David Somers was just a wet fish agreeing anything Ashley wanted. I am sure the Three Bears are an upgrade on us for fans and hopefully this is the start of the ownership being in the right hands."

slap in the face for somers and his boxing day begging email!!

So can I ask what is Ashley's next move likely to be? He can't increase his existing shareholding beyond 10% as things stand and presumably the most obvious step is to ask for his £3m loan back. Do we know how much notice we get should he call that in? Today's news presumably doesn't change anything with regards to how the current board of Directors would vote. If they decline the £6.5m offer from Park consortium could we still be faced with an Administration? Would that be Ashley's thinking?