Dave King says he does not have to drive Mike Ashley out of Ibrox to seal control of Rangers - and hasn't ruled out working with NUFC chief

King also admits he will have "questions" to answer on SFA's fit and proper test but believes he will be given the green light

Dave King says he does not have to drive Mike Ashley out of Ibrox to seal control of Rangers - and hasn't ruled out working with NUFC chief

King also admits he will have "questions" to answer on SFA's fit and proper test but believes he will be given the green light

I believe he also said it was not certain Ashely would get any money back depending on a forensic report.

I know its due to his SA tax dealings, but it will be an absolute mockery if he is found not fit and proper given what the current board are syphoning out of the club.

That's one point i took from the press conference. The current board of Somers and the Easdales are toxic, but we can do business (once the onerous contracts are redressed) with Ashley? Assuming there are no illegal or historical boardroom fiduciary malpractice between Ashley and current or previous boards.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

That's one point i took from the press conference. The current board of Somers and the Easdales are toxic, but we can do business (once the onerous contracts are redressed) with Ashley? Assuming there are no illegal or historical boardroom fiduciary malpractice between Ashley and current or previous boards.

At this stage, it's only practical to say that he can work with Ashley, given the situation. Whether it actually happens may be a different case but no harm in saying this.

We have a contract with SD so it's difficult to avoid dealing with him, but Somers and the Easdales remaining in place are deal-breakers for me.