Perhaps he has at long last listened to some "coal face" advice.

I find it strange people feel that King is somehow 'out of touch' with what the fans feel. Or he has been out of touch with what his 'obligations' are. This man has had his finger on the pulse of what is going on far more than the vast majority of us. What we forget at times is that he owes us nothing!! We get our hopes built up that' date=' because of his wealth, he will do X,Y and Z, and then when he doesn't...he is this and that. Yet damp squibs like Jim McColl really have trully been utter weak let downs.

[b']We are still hugely fortunate that this man has hung around to fight the fight.[/b] Yet still we hear - "he could have done more", "he's gone quiet", "He says too much", "He doesn't buy shares", "He will re-hire McCoist 'cos they are joined at the hip", "He doesn't hang around [this wonderful country :-)] between battles when we need him".

He is a human being at the end of the day. A highly successful one at that. He is not perfect. He refused point blank to line others' pockets - maybe to the point of stubbornness - as is his right!!

He owes us nothing!! Lets just be thankful he is giving us hope. Because no other sod is!!

To the man 'who would be King' - thank you, and good luck!

Just catching up with the Dave King press conference of this morning. The man certainly appears very confident and spoke well. It's difficult to read too much into his comments though as there's a lack of depth in his answers. However, he's certainly convincing.

All in all, it was quite a positive conference. One can only question why he didn't take this more open strategy last year.

In any case, if you look at the performance, words & actions of the incumbents there's really little contest when it comes to EGM voting. Yes, there may be doubts over what King can achieve but personally I don't see the SFA or any other shareholder stopping his resolutions.

Really? Where could King have sourced the 15% of shares from last year? And the 3 bears their holding? I shudder to think how long it took them all to be able to make this happen.

So it is then indeed 30 days. Slight slip from Dave he should have known that. I forgive him.

There's nothing to forgive Pete.

DK said that the Board have until Friday to set the date and he's right.

The requisition was served on 16th Jan, so the Board have 2 days left (of the allowed 21) to announce the date of the EGM, which must be no more than an additional 28 days away. 2+28 is where some folk are getting 30 from.

EGM should be no later than Friday 6th March.

I find it strange people feel that King is somehow 'out of touch' with what the fans feel. Or he has been out of touch with what his 'obligations' are. This man has had his finger on the pulse of what is going on far more than the vast majority of us. What we forget at times is that he owes us nothing!! We get our hopes built up that, because of his wealth, he will do X,Y and Z, and then when he doesn't...he is this and that. Yet damp squibs like Jim McColl really have trully been utter weak let downs.

We are still hugely fortunate that this man has hung around to fight the fight. Yet still we hear - "he could have done more", "he's gone quiet", "He says too much", "He doesn't buy shares", "He will re-hire McCoist 'cos they are joined at the hip", "He doesn't hang around [this wonderful country :-)] between battles when we need him".

He is a human being at the end of the day. A highly successful one at that. He is not perfect. He refused point blank to line others' pockets - maybe to the point of stubbornness - as is his right!!

He owes us nothing!! Lets just be thankful he is giving us hope. Because no other sod is!!

To the man 'who would be King' - thank you, and good luck!

Well we are all entitled to our opinions Anchorman.

I think he, like all others vying for control of our club, had up to the recent interview been woefully short in spelling out his plans for the club to fans.

Edited by D'Artagnan

Really? Where could King have sourced the 15% of shares from last year? And the 3 bears their holding? I shudder to think how long it took them all to be able to make this happen.

Well, no-one can answer that and clearly, investors like Laxey, R&M and Hargreave Hale are difficult to predict. However, it's my own belief (and I may well be wrong) we could have averted the last 12 months (at least) if there had been a bit more of the attitude we've seen from King et al now in the latter half of 2013.

Of course, as fans and not being involved in such negotiations, we may often only look on such matters in a simplistic basis with an element of naivety. However, clearly, going forward we're going to be a key part of the running and financing of the club so we'll soon see how difficult dealing in millions of pounds can be. Perhaps then we'll have a better understanding of the nuances of the various dealings of post 2011 Rangers.

Well, no-one can answer that and clearly, investors like Laxey, R&M and Hargreave Hale are difficult to predict. However, it's my own belief (and I may well be wrong) we could have averted the last 12 months (at least) if there had been a bit more of the attitude we've seen from King et al now in the latter half of 2013.

If you look at the post#1 from chilledbear in the thread - Dave King interview with Gary Ralston - the clue lies in there.

The big mistake of releasing Norman Crighton caused the institutions to have had enough and sell their shares to T3B & DK. Without these DK couldn't have called the meeting.

"The key event was the removal, the very non-strategic removal, by the board or the powers-that-be behind the board, of Norman Crighton. That was the single biggest tactical error that the board made because once he was gone the institutions said: ‘Look, that’s enough now, this is not being run on a proper basis’. That was the basis for the Three Bears being able to acquire their shares from Laxey and it was the basis for me acquiring shares. That became a turning point and if you look at it now, really other than River & Mercantile there is no real institution in there. So I feel very, very strong and solid about the current shareholder mix. If that hadn't happened I would have been in the same situation perhaps Paul was in (previously), where I certainly wouldn't have called the meeting with the same level of confidence.”

Edited by barca72

Well we are all entitled to our opinions Anchorman.

I think he' date=' like all others vying for control of our club, had up to the recent interview been woefully short in spelling out his plans for the club to fans.[/quote']

Fair comment, but in his defence he has been firing at a moving target and still is, so it is difficult to lay out sound proposals when he doesn't know himself what he is going to be left with. As I say, he is human. It's not in his nature to engage directly with fans, as he is a very private person, but I think he has done OK in the circumstances.