There was a mention from Gilligan that the club needed expert professional advice. He then listed various areas that it was required, including PR.

Its a shoe-in that Level 5 would get the gig if King wins the EGM.

Is that a good thing?,getting Traynor back!

Is that a good thing?,getting Traynor back!

There's plenty of evidence that Traynor was one of the few who had the balls to stand up to the likes of Green, Mather, Stockbridge, et al; and their various "alleged" misdemeanors.

You can only imagine the bullshit he was having to put up with dealing with that lot.

Just catching up with the Dave King press conference of this morning. The man certainly appears very confident and spoke well. It's difficult to read too much into his comments though as there's a lack of depth in his answers. However, he's certainly convincing.

All in all, it was quite a positive conference. One can only question why he didn't take this more open strategy last year.

In any case, if you look at the performance, words & actions of the incumbents there's really little contest when it comes to EGM voting. Yes, there may be doubts over what King can achieve but personally I don't see the SFA or any other shareholder stopping his resolutions.

I liked some of his "big picture" thinking in saying we should be aiming to win 55% of titles (similar to what I've been saying for a long time) and that things like 9 in a row and total domination are bad for business and interest - "it gets boring".

That's what separates us from you know who, they just don't get this kind of stuff as they can only see their hatred for us and their self aggrandisement, and like such narcissism, it seems to stem from an inferiority complex and a lack of confidence in competing on a level playing field.

We want them there as rivals as we want to be tested, as the best always do.

I thought it was a very good conference, confidence seems to be high but anything else and it would have been very worrying. What I am please about is that he didnt deliver any low blows to the current regime. Whilst completely legitimate to do so and has been quoted as saying some things in the recent past, im happy with the focus of the whole conference.

Roll on the EGM!!

Just catching up with the Dave King press conference of this morning. The man certainly appears very confident and spoke well. It's difficult to read too much into his comments though as there's a lack of depth in his answers. However, he's certainly convincing.

All in all, it was quite a positive conference. One can only question why he didn't take this more open strategy last year.

In any case, if you look at the performance, words & actions of the incumbents there's really little contest when it comes to EGM voting. Yes, there may be doubts over what King can achieve but personally I don't see the SFA or any other shareholder stopping his resolutions.

Perhaps he has at long last listened to some "coal face" advice.