Chris Graham Twitter problem

Chris Graham ... need only apologise for any offence caused and for those (the press and obsessed) unable to comprehend the tweet in the context of the Charlie maasacre it mayneeded to be explained it was in defence of freedom of speech and satirism.

He was not representing Rangets FC at the time and in no way is the tweet an attack on Islam or homoaexuality... to think that way shows a basic lack of understanding of the context.

Ask the Herald why they are unwilling to publish said cartoons, and then ask why are they so keen to highlight Rangers FC being connected to publishing a cartoon ???

It is a cartoon in case the faux offended don't get it.

Edited by BlueSolace

Chris Graham ... need only apologise for any offence caused and for those (the press and obsessed) unable to comprehend the tweet in the context of the Charlie maasacre it mayneeded to be explained it was in defence of freedom of speech and satirism.

He was not representing Rangets FC at the time and in no way is the tweet an attack on Islam or homoaexuality... to think that way shows a basic lack of understanding of the context.

Ask the Herald why they are unwilling to publish said cartoons, and then ask why are they so keen to highlight Rangers FC being connected to publishing a cartoon ???

It is a cartoon in case the faux offended don't get it.

Perhaps not an attack on Islam but apparently offensive to Muslims as per quote from stv website below:

President of Glasgow Central Mosque, Dr Asid Khan, called for Rangers to carry out an internal investigation and branded the tweet "reprehensible".

He said: "With freedom of speech comes great responsibility to not offend other people. In this case, such a tweet is very offensive to a large proportion of the population, not only Muslims.

I see BBC Scumdogs have another anti-Rangers story up about the jailing of a fan for singing TBB....,,,

I am sorry jailing people for this absolutely wrong and a waste of public money. Yeah the words of the song need changed but jailing people for this is quite simply unacceptable.....fines or cautions fair enough.

Perhaps not an attack on Islam but apparently offensive to Muslims as per quote from stv website below:

President of Glasgow Central Mosque, Dr Asid Khan, called for Rangers to carry out an internal investigation and branded the tweet "reprehensible".

He said: "With freedom of speech comes great responsibility to not offend other people. In this case, such a tweet is very offensive to a large proportion of the population, not only Muslims.

Perhaps Dr Asid might wish and go and say that to the victims families (of the massacre). Then he and others might well understand the context of the tweet.....

If Chris Graham had done this another time he would have a case to answer. Firstly, he was not a director of Rangers at the time and secondly the tweet was sent in the context of the massascre and not independently of it.

Well I challenge Dr Asid Khan to launch an investigation as to why a particular demographic of Muslims are unwilling to embrace Western culture, despite living in it and enjoying its peaceful benefits; are unable to accept freedom of speech and satire; and are unwilling to accept the democratic rule of the majority of the country.

Guess what certain aspects of Islamic culture get right up my nose but I respect their right to practise it. But i maintain the absolute right to mock religion and the inhumane treatment of women and the implementation of medieval forms of punishment.

Je suis Charlie.

Edited by BlueSolace

Not exactly on topic, but worth noting ...

A Rangers fan who was arrested for sectarian singing while on his way to attend a game against Celtic has been jailed for four months.

Scott Lamont, from Glasgow, was heard singing the words of the Billy Boys song on Cathcart Road on 1 February.

The 24-year-old admitted the charge at Glasgow Sheriff Court. He was also given an 18-month football banning order and told his behaviour would not be tolerated.

Sheriff Paul Crozier told Lamont's lawyer, Joanne Gray: "Glasgow has developed a good reputation in recent years.

"We had the Commonwealth Games last summer, we haven't had an Old Firm game in years.

"What happened at the first Old Firm game? People like him let Glasgow down."

'Ruin football'

The sheriff described the words to the song as "inflammatory" an said it "could have led to horrendous violence".

He told Lamont: "Your conduct on 1 February was the sort of conduct that the authorities had asked football loving fans to refrain from.

"A message has to be sent to those people who would choose to ruin football for the vast majority who want to go to these games, that you cannot behave like this.

"This sort of behaviour will not be tolerated, certainly not by me."

Another man, Alexander Blood, from Saltford in Somerset, was given a community payback order after admitting acting in a racially aggravated manner.

Blood swore at police officers and called them "Jock".

As part of the order he will be supervised for 18 months and must carry out 160 hours of unpaid work.

He was also given a three year football banning order.

BBCeltland News

Griffiths? Guidetti? The brick-thrower, the hate-filled thousands at Hampden clad in grey-green?

While I am at it ...

Company director fined over sectarian chants

A Perthshire company director who chanted sectarian abuse on a train has been fined £750 at Stirling Sheriff Court.

Rory Carmichael, 51, from Alyth, was with Rangers supporters on a train to Stirling who were told to stop singing by the conductor.

Some fans stopped chanting but Carmichael - who'd been drinking - sang the line "up to our knees in ****** blood."

He later claimed the only songs he'd sung were Rule Britannia and God Save The Queen.

Sheriff Gillian Wade imposed a football banning order until the end of the season and fined Carmichael £750.

Name, living place, Rangers supporters, allincluded, as always.

Well, folk were well warned that this was going to happen. No matter the merits of right and wrong, you sing the song, get caught then you're going to end up with a criminal record.

I Like walking around naked, but if I do it outside, then I'm going to get into all sorts of bother.

Edited by Chibmark