Steven Naismith refuses to rule out Rangers return in the future

Betrayal? In what way is he different from McGregor, say? Could we really expect Scotland players to give international places and play in the Scottish 3rd division? All in the name of loyalty? Lee Wallace was the exception - he may have harmed his career by staying here. But, hey he was loyal so that's all that matters. Naimith in his off-field activities has proved a good role model, with his comments about the unemployed etc.

The betrayal of those players was way beyond the usual type of betrayal.

If they came back I'd never accept them whatever they did on the pitch

Bizarre. I'd have never accepted them ruining their careers to play for us in lower divisions. Was a golden chance for us to blood some youth which we never took.

Bizarre. I'd have never accepted them ruining their careers to play for us in lower divisions. Was a golden chance for us to blood some youth which we never took.

It was never about expecting them to remain in the scottish lower leagues, as has been said many times

Betrayal? In what way is he different from McGregor, say? Could we really expect Scotland players to give international places and play in the Scottish 3rd division? All in the name of loyalty? Lee Wallace was the exception - he may have harmed his career by staying here. But, hey he was loyal so that's all that matters. Naimith in his off-field activities has proved a good role model, with his comments about the unemployed etc.

It wasnt that he left, it was what was said at the news conference that turned a section of fans sour on him.

He could have tuped across and then moved on, allowing the club to get something for him. OK, it would have been money wasted as it turns out, but nobody knew that at the time. Instead he left without a backward glance after that self-serving news conference. I would never have him back, nor the other two amigos.

There is a line with taking former players back and it should be based on age and ability. Boyd and Miller have failed miserably this season. The likes of Lewis MacLeod and Vlad Weiss would be different due to age and ability and I would take those 2 back instantly.

Naismith shouldn't even qualify due to his antics even if he became Evertons top scorer. He doesn't deserve to sit in the dressing room and pull on a Rangers shirt ever again, even in a testimonial.