Steven Naismith refuses to rule out Rangers return in the future

Totally fed up of this wee run of nonsense stories . Dont and wont need any of these three . They might think its diplomatic to say they wont return ( although Lafferty probably doesnt even know the word) .

Just say " we wish Stuart all the best , looking forward to seeing what he does with the team " then shut up and f*** off .

We've all had enough reversing into the future . I only want to see youngsters breaking through and bargains from other clubs.

Jeez, it's like an Albanian blood feud on here. In the grand scheme of people who've fucked Rangers over in the last few years Naismith's name doesn't even make the top ten, yet the antagonism he generates suggests he personally destroyed the club before ripping the picture of the Queen off the dressing room wall and defecating on the disaster memorial on his way to Merseyside.

So, honesty time. When we failed to leave administration I didn't know how I felt about the 'new club' either. For a week or so it was all up in the air and so were my feelings about the club. Would it really still be my Rangers, was the liquidation actually the end and the 'new club' simply wouldn't engender the same feelings as before? I didn't know, it had never happened before. It wasn't until that first game when I saw Ally McCoist (another who draws hatred from a section of our support so out of proportion) standing on the touchline that I knew we were okay, everything was going to be alright, we were the same. I was wrong to question it but there you go, I've made mistakes before and I'll make them again.

People go on about the press conference Naismith gave, he's pilloried for it. Here's the thing, the guy told the truth as he saw it at that time. Naismith was/is also a supporter, it was his view at the time, his view might well have changed but because he decided to explain to the support his feelings and his decision he's become a pariah. No wonder players only speak in platitudes and cliches the rest of the time, if supporters don't like your views they'll hate with a fervour normally reserved for child molesters. Bloody hell.

I also think the anger towards Naismith is partly because we recognised ourselves in him. Local boy, boyhood supporter, articulate, thoughtful and probably our most effective player. We all wanted to be Naismith, we could see the side being built around him for years to come. So when he left it hurt. It hurt far more than Whittaker leaving, he can leave everyday if he wants the useless Hibee tosser (sorry, was that anger over the top?).

We're like jilted lovers, unable to get over the beautiful girl (boy, whatever) who decided to move on. Do you carry this anger and pain around forever, do you badmouth her whenever her name comes up? Or do you let it go, write it off to experience, remember the happy times and accept that perhaps that person also knows they made a mistake.

I'd take Naismith back in a heartbeat, he's the best Scottish player of his generation, nothing else matters. He can make it up to me by scoring a hat-trick against Celtic.

That is all fair enough, but why discard more money (for the upkeep of Ibrox et al*) from transfers out?

*Whether GreenCo would have invest that or not is another matter.

had they all stayed even for a couple of weeks it would have crippled us, look at what we paid to Goian, Bocanegra and Broadfoot

Fees of any size that we would have received (or which would have ended up at the SFA HQ) would have helped the club at the time. When did we need the 50k? Shortly after GreenCo took over and all the players took their hats? Methinks that is not exactly the case, but I haven't got that info handy here and now. The press conference was only an episode and more important Rangers people have stepped into that new club minefield before, unwittingly or not.

At the end of the day, loyal Bears went to Ibrox still and coughed up the share issue money for the sake of the club as well.

cdynamo1

Indeed, but we still had the running costs of an SPL team with 40 to 50k people coming to Ibrox et al. That aside, isn't it more something of principle?

gunslinger

I'd believe that when I see facts in black and white for that.

So the 50k overnight loan at exorbitant interest rates wasn't "black and white" enough for you ? It is for me.

He could have tuped across and then moved on, allowing the club to get something for him. OK, it would have been money wasted as it turns out, but nobody knew that at the time. Instead he left without a backward glance after that self-serving news conference. I would never have him back, nor the other two amigos.

Then put it down to bad advice from his agent; things were very complicated at the time.

Once I see it, sure enough. Haven't just yet.

Havent seen what ? The 50k loan ? That horse has been beaten to death and was publicly admitted that it was needed to keep things going.

I have no time for them that walked if they came back we might as well invite the easdales wee Whyte and the rest back they are all rotten to their stinking core

Away with ye ! The very thought that Naismith is as rotten as folks like Whyte or Easdale is ridiculous.