Vuckic is the most dangerous, most intelligent and most creative player we have - by a distance.

Probably the only one worth the admission fee and the only one worth watching in amongst the dross.

And his header off the line saved us big time today.

Edited by MoodyBlue

I expected that response, so just for the hell of it...if he scores a last minute winner vs Motherwell, would you like to see him stay or confine him to history (think I know what your reply will be :D)

Not in a million years. Though I will be delighted.

I don't think Vuckic is some sort of saviour, although he was today twice. I am more arguing about Gunslinger's total dislike for him which started before he kicked a ball. Vuckic can do nothing about the Rangers Ashely/Newcastle drama. The guy got a chance to go from Newcastle reserves to the famous Glasgow Rangers first team. I doubt he knew much about our position when he joined. And I think all people they would jump at the chance to make such a move To blame him for all the points we have lost when he plays is totally stupid. How many games were we winning before he came? The 3-0 defeat at QOS was mostly down to Wallace who cuffed up at least twice. Today the QOS goal was caused by Clark losing the ball and a keeper who gets a nose bleed when a cross comes in. Clark even managed to get in Vuckic's way when he was making a run down the wing. I see Vuckic backtracking regularly and he has made more important tackles when tracking back over the last few games. Gunslinger's argument is just so polluted even Red Adair would have difficulty in sorting it out.

I watched Feynoord today fight( or not fight) for the 3rd place in the Dutch league today and automatic entry into Europe and I can tell you the half hearted performances from most players was atrocious. They lost 3-0 and later the manager was sacked even although he had resigned at the end of the season. if you want to see half-hearted players in a deciding game then this is the one to watch.

Only I have never said any of that.

What I am telling you is when we drop points we are also out fought in midfield. We all see that.

He is part of the reason for that.

In the 3 games he missed we were stronger in midfield. We had higher possession and better results.

That's no coincidence. Nor is it all his fault. Frankly we shouldn't be that fragile but we are and mccall refuses to address it baring the odd game and it works in those.

If we had a second proper holding midfield things may be better but our options there are black and Hutton.

And here was me thinking that Murdoch is actually our holding midfielder these last few weeks?

Then again, that is not our problem. We essentially have two, leaking goals from very few chances against us throughout the season, while all our striker firing blanks, again throughout the season. Utterly unbelievable.

Vuckic comes in as an attacking midfielder and scores 8 goals (plus 3 assists) who actually keep us in the run for promotion. There can be no reasonable debate whatsoever that this 22-year old is any sort of a failure. If anything, those around him should have risen to the challenge and perform at a level that they are able to. He sure is not the ultimate all-round player just yet and no-one looks at him that way. In many ways, his contribution is much akin to loanee Vladimir Weiss' (35 games, 8 goals, 15 assists), who's also just over 20 when he was with us.

Edited by der Berliner