Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

Stevie May is a prime example of a young Scottish player who banged them in left, right and centre in the SPL but was not good enough for the English Championship. If he isn't good enough for the English Championship we shouldn't be signing him.

That's a brutal statement, but I think it must be adhered to. However, Stevie May is still only 22 and his record at Scottish Championship level is excellent, his record at Premiership level is good also. While in principle I agree we should be looking for young successful players who have done well in England, I question how we could attract them. I would be quite pleased to get Stevie May: he's a good young talent -- certainly better than what we have!

I think May falls into the same category as Allan and Wilson. Yes, there's some doubt over their abilities at a higher level but they're suitable stop-gaps until we have the ability to get something better.

According to the Daily Mail, Rangers will pursue a permanent deal for Newcastle forward Haris Vuckic - and the player wants a move back to Ibrox.

Rangers appointed Mark Warburton as their new manager on Monday, and with 11 players leaving the club at the end of their contracts this summer, Warburton must now bring in new players to improve his thin squad.

One player who Rangers are believed to be targeting is Slovenian Vuckic, who made a huge impression during a loan spell from Newcastle this past season.

The 22-year-old joined Rangers from Newcastle in January, and went on to score eight goals in 17 appearances, dazzling the Ibrox faithful with a string of excellent displays.

However, Vuckic is now back with Newcastle, and Rangers are reportedly keen to bring him back to Glasgow this summer on a permanent deal.

With just one year left on his contract at St. James' Park, Vuckic could well be available this summer - and the Daily Mail believe that Vuckic will hold a meeting with new Magpies boss Steve McClaren to discuss his future, with the player hoping to leave Newcastle and join Rangers on a full-time basis.

Bringing Vuckic back - a player who seemed too good for the Scottish Championship for much of his time in Scotland - would be a huge boost to Rangers supporters, who are eager to see the Warburton era begin; and signing Vuckic would be some way to kick it off.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/16/report-rangers-target-haris-vuckic-permanently-player-wants-ibro/?

is it only me that cant understand why a newspaper gives more column space to rumours than a factual story

That jumps out and Hits you at the Kiosk and gets people curios to read it and buy the paper. I doubt if Rangers have a new managing director would get many buying the paper.

Edited by pete

Remi Streete was unveiled as a Port Vale player on Monday afternoon, having been released by Newcastle this summer.

The 20-year-old defender joins the League One side on a free transfer, having spent last season on loan with Scottish Championship side Rangers.

Streete never quite made the impact he would have wanted at Newcastle and also spent much of his time with Rangers injured.

The youngster will hope his next career move brings him more luck, though, and Streete took to Twitter to express his delight at signing for Port Vale.

He looked good for about 40 minutes. A big gamble for whoever signed him.

MARK WARBURTON wants to raid old club Brentford to make Stuart Dallas his first signing for Rangers.

The new boss will test Gers chief Dave King’s ambition by asking him to pay £1.5million for the Northern Ireland midfielder.

Dallas, 24, hit eight goals in 44 appearances under Warburton at the Bees last season.

It is understood the left-sided player — who has two years left on his deal — would be keen to link up with his mentor in Glasgow.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/6504863/Dallas-buyers-club.html

Fulham 1-4 Brentford

Edited by ian1964