New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Next week will be a defining moment for the new board with this managerial appointment. It must be an appointment which will drastically improve things on the park mostly by virtue of the signings he makes. For that reason alone the board simply cannot get this appointment wrong

And if they do get it wrong we must stand up and get rid of them pronto....

Rab there is the possibility the board could get it right you know?

And if they do get it wrong we must stand up and get rid of them pronto....

Rab there is the possibility the board could get it right you know?

Yes I think there's every possibility they will get it right. Appoint Warburton & Weir.

If and a big if, we missed out on Warburton and was going down the route of a 'Mac' then McInnes would have been the one id have gone with ahead of McCall and Mcleish. But he has signed on with Aberdeen so that is good news as I don't think he has what it takes to bring us back to the top.

Its still scary that McCall and McLeish are being linked along with Davies....any of that 3 would be a disastrous appointment. And until Warburton or Cathro or someone else is appointed Im worrying. TBH I don't know anything of Cathro other than he is at Valencia.

Warburton is still my top candidate by a country mile. Everything about the guy is a fresh approach which is what we need as the No.1. Weir next to him is a master stroke. Having an ex player is one thing but having a proper professional ex player ticks the boxes rather than someone from the old school jobs for boys club which installs the 'fun culture' at the club. With McCulloch and Boyd off the books now also that era should be out the window.

I sincerely hope Stu gets the job because he has the right to take it on, not like all the other men mentioned.

Why I want this you may ask? Stu lifted the dynamics of Rangers, we got a glimpse of his power in a very short time. Okay he didn't take us up.

Stu McCall would certainly be the best option for Rangers FC to move forward, if it's Cathro then fine if it's Warburton and Weir, fine, if it's Tom Dick & Harry get tae ....

Stu McCall is the man for me, can't you see it?

With respect fs, in fear of repeating myself, McCall worked wonders with players who's contracts were coming to an end, their pal Ally jumped ship long before that and the mood of those players were at 'doomsday' level.

The fact he got them reaching the play-off final was miraculous if nothing else, sometimes we can all have short memories when it suits.

He got exactly the same from the players as McCoist and MacDowall got namely bugger all.

Apart from the first Hibs game it was the same old shit as his predecessor's served up save McCall put on his equally baffling substitutions 10 mins earlier.

I am not a Mcall fan but your post is a bit unfair. He had the same crap players but did manage to lift them a level. The negative for me was his crazy full defensive substitutes. I didn't want him coming in and that hasn't changed.

The first Hibs game perhaps but having endured every minute I find it hard to see where any iota of improvement lay.

Chasing a 2 goal deficit at Motherwell and starting Kris Boyd who spent the whole season taking fresh air swipes and blowing out of his ample arse was utterly bizarre given what was at stake.

The first Hibs game perhaps but having endured every minute I find it hard to see where any iota of improvement lay.

Chasing a 2 goal deficit at Motherwell and starting Kris Boyd who spent the whole season taking fresh air swipes and blowing out of his ample arse was utterly bizarre given what was at stake.

In spite of all that they were still in the game until Bell ripped their heart out.

If Mcall had been braver in selection and shown a glimpse of what could be the future he might have survived even if he had failed to get us up. By reverting to the tried and tested fuck ups just because of reputations and seniority he ended up looking like a slightly better version of ally and co. I wonder if he regrets the bad decisions he made or if he actually realises he made some horrendously bad ones! I admire that he came in and gave it HIS best shot. However we have to move on..

I sincerely hope Stu gets the job because he has the right to take it on, not like all the other men mentioned.

Why I want this you may ask? Stu lifted the dynamics of Rangers, we got a glimpse of his power in a very short time. Okay he didn't take us up.

Stu McCall would certainly be the best option for Rangers FC to move forward, if it's Cathro then fine if it's Warburton and Weir, fine, if it's Tom Dick & Harry get tae ....

Stu McCall is the man for me, can't you see it?

Really?????????????????

There was only one man who I wanted as manager when all the names were being banded about.

Stu McCall.

Now that I've heard Cathro has quit Valencia, I'm hoping it's because he's coming here