Dave King Press Conference 8th June 2015

don't understand the " i don.t expect my money back " part. Why is the investment in the form of loans then? Does that not mean in one form or another he gets his money back?

He couldn't have done anything else but give it as a loan to the Club. They didn't have the ability to have a share issue because if King alone had invested it would have meant a dilution of the other shareholder's ownership percentages - in order to do that you need a shareholder resolution to allow it to happen.

The Club didn't have the time to go through the proper protocols to make it happen, so a loan was the only other way.

He will more than likely waive the payment or convert it into equity at a future share issue.

He couldn't have done anything else but give it as a loan to the Club. They didn't have the ability to have a share issue because if King alone had invested it would have meant a dilution of the other shareholder's ownership percentages - in order to do that you need a shareholder resolution to allow it to happen.

The Club didn't have the time to go through the proper protocols to make it happen, so a loan was the only other way.

He will more than likely waive the payment or convert it into equity at a future share issue.

understand that but repayment in any form is repayment. If he wants shares in return then he is interested in getting his money back unless he is planning on donating his shares to the fans groups.

Donations don't dilute just ask the lotto lout.

if the bulk of signings come from the same market as before we will fall short on the field yet again. Out of contract spfl players are not good enough to keep crowds entertained and off their backs at Ibrox.

Yeah what happened to hearts and motherwell then.

Both better than us.

think we have found the heart of the problem.

Your aims reminds me of the same as the blue room mob.

Do just enough to be better than celtic.

personally i could never aim as low. Hearts and motherwell shouldn't be able to recruit from the same pool as our finances allow. Scrapping the same barrow as that lot for the nucleus of a team leaves us at their level for the foreseeable future

think we have found the heart of the problem.

Your aims reminds me of the same as the blue room mob.

Do just enough to be better than celtic.

personally i could never aim as low. Hearts and motherwell shouldn't be able to recruit from the same pool as our finances allow. Scrapping the same barrow as that lot for the nucleus of a team leaves us at their level for the foreseeable future

Then let's have a look at our Last championship winning side.

Mcgregor

Papac

Weir

Bougherra

Whittaker

Davis

Edu

Wylde

Naismith

Lafferty

Jelavic

It's a statistical fact that almost all teams which win leagues in the UK have a core of domestic players. I say ignore that at your peril.

understand that but repayment in any form is repayment. If he wants shares in return then he is interested in getting his money back unless he is planning on donating his shares to the fans groups.

Donations don't dilute just ask the lotto lout.

If he converts into equity how is he getting his money back ? All he is getting is a piece of paper back. Could he sell those shares ? Sure. Is he likely to ? I doubt it.

I know what donations do and don't do. However, you are aware that in the event that they can get a share issue approved which has a dilutary effect that he could use the funds from the loan, convert to equity, strengthen his equity shareholding and simultaneously dilute Ashley's shareholding ?

It doesn't make much difference if the loan is repaid and he then ponies up 15 million rather than him saying "don't give me the 1.5 mill back, convert to shares and here is an additional 13.5 mill". Same thing.

If he gets the loan monies repaid he is more than likely to simply use that money for the next share issue.

Also, be mindful that whilst Ashley owns almost 9% of the Club that a donation to the Club from T3B or King would be dangerous. Until the parasite that is Ashley and his cohorts are gone, I certainly wouldn't donate funds to the Club. King is being wise with his money, nothing more or less.

Edited by craig