Dave King Press Conference 8th June 2015

Then let's have a look at our Last championship winning side.

Mcgregor

Papac

Weir

Bougherra

Whittaker

Davis

Edu

Wylde

Naismith

Lafferty

Jelavic

It's a statistical fact that almost all teams which win leagues in the UK have a core of domestic players. I say ignore that at your peril.

sorry was making the dinner.

only three of them were bought from scottish sides for a total £4m+ with no return. not to mention the fact the football played by that side was poor. Long diagonal balls to the wings is not for me. Its that sort of footballing philosophy i fear going back too.

That team is the exact thing i never want to see again.

vastly over paid average players.

only three of them were bought from scottish sides for a total £4m+ with no return. not to mention the fact the football played by that side was poor. Long diagonal balls to the wings is not for me. Its that sort of footballing philosophy i fear going back too.

3? I only get 2 bought from Scottish sides.

I think the poor football was a consequence of management rather than the players per se. I think they were capable of better. I think that's true of any future player, regardless of nationality: a better coach/manager will allow them to play better football.

I always think a team should have a core of domestic/national players, but I take your point that many are not of the standard we'd like to see. However, a core, or spine, of domestic/national players doesn't necessarily mean they are the 'creative' players, simply the backbone of the side; theoretically, you'd acquire better, more creative players to add flair.

So Scottish players are okay as long as we don't buy them from Scotland.

If he converts into equity how is he getting his money back ? All he is getting is a piece of paper back. Could he sell those shares ? Sure. Is he likely to ? I doubt it.

I know what donations do and don't do. However, you are aware that in the event that they can get a share issue approved which has a dilutary effect that he could use the funds from the loan, convert to equity, strengthen his equity shareholding and simultaneously dilute Ashley's shareholding ?

It doesn't make much difference if the loan is repaid and he then ponies up 15 million rather than him saying "don't give me the 1.5 mill back, convert to shares and here is an additional 13.5 mill". Same thing.

If he gets the loan monies repaid he is more than likely to simply use that money for the next share issue.

Also, be mindful that whilst Ashley owns almost 9% of the Club that a donation to the Club from T3B or King would be dangerous. Until the parasite that is Ashley and his cohorts are gone, I certainly wouldn't donate funds to the Club. King is being wise with his money, nothing more or less.

9% and cant own anymore.

we also have not been informed of the loan arrangements. why?

how is strengthening Rangers playing into Ashleys hand? it does the opposite. Every Rangers success and move forward is proof of his negative effect in running the club through his cohorts previously.

He is being careful with his money and i have no problem with that. Unfortunately that is not what he is saying at nearly every press conference. He is playing into the medias hand who will turn the fact he can get his money back or more when it suits them.

He constantly says he will cover the short fall from investing in the team and the infrastructure at a loss to himself. That is not the case. He is being more than cute with his words. He will get his investment back. Its a loan. would put money on the fact that that bit of paper becomes worth more than his outlay in the next 5-10 years

Not to mention the fact i see a share issue as never happening or atleast not anytime soon. Think the new time frame mentioned today is 3-4 months away. How many dates is that now that have been penciled in?

It seems the investment is getting smaller now they have control. With no transfer budget looking likely this window and no share issue until the jan window which he says today we will only outlay in if we need a push to win the championship. Is it fair to say in the next 12 months he will likely only invest another £3m give or take which will cover the running deficit?

how much to you see him putting in in the next season?

So Scottish players are okay as long as we don't buy them from Scotland.

no they are not good enough.

the few who i guess you rate mentioned above came at a huge loss to the club and produced a poor team. So even ones you reckon prove we should stick to our guns are anemia to what should be our signing policy.

Tell me one scottish player we could sign and what it would cost that would excite the fans and give a possible return on the money.

Please don't come out with standards like scott allen or spfl candidates for player of the years cause we have a few and they are terrible