Dave King Press Conference 8th June 2015

Is it just me, this from the Q&A doesn't make any sense.

ANY OF THE FIVE SHORTLISTED MANAGERS STILL WITH OTHER CLUBS?

“Yes, there are others in situ with other clubs.”

HAVE YOU APPROACHED OTHER CLUBS FOR MANAGERS?

“Not that I’m aware of.”

Also I do not recall Ashley calling for repayment at all for the loam that is now apparently not a loan, isn't that what Friday's resolution is about to let shareholders decide if the facility should be retained or paid up in full.

MIKE ASHLEY WANTS HIS £5 MILLION LOAN REPAID.

“I don’t see the Ashley loan being a loan in isolation. In fact, I don’t see it as a loan, quite frankly.

Edited by raygun

Something I don't want to be hearing, a stepping stone. “Managers are ambitious and the better managers also see managing a team like Rangers as a window into the English Premier League.”

King Q&A Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11661269/Rangers-news-Dave-King-pledges-clearout-as-11-players-are-released.html

You may not want to hear it - but that is the reality of Scottish football today.

Pretty simple..there are people on the list who are with other clubs, but Rangers haven't spoken to their clubs as yet. Ashley wants his money back, but for some reason the Loan Agreement doesn't allow him to demand this at the moment, so he's trying to get it back in a roundabout way, at the same time , costing the club money and trying to make life a bit awkward for the new board.

No chance whatsoever of selling 45K ST's.

If you read the Q&A , It is obvious he doesn't expect to sell 45, 000 season tickets, it is a target in the sense that he would love to sell that many, but it's not an expectation. Doesn't every club target a ground full of season ticket holders, without believing they'll ever actually manage it

The King interview on Rangers TV was better than the press conference.

It occurred to me that King wants to keep the loan at the minute as leverage. He sees the loan not in isolation but as linked to the SD deal. The loan is interest free and there is no timescale (I think?), so what's the harm in taking his money? We want to renegotiate the retail deal, and now we have leverage.

The King interview on Rangers TV was better than the press conference.

It occurred to me that King wants to keep the loan at the minute as leverage. He sees the loan not in isolation but as linked to the SD deal. The loan is interest free and there is no timescale (I think?), so what's the harm in taking his money? We want to renegotiate the retail deal, and now we have leverage.

Agree that is the way I see it too. The loan was indeed for an unlimited time. This is simply a game of one-upmanship between King and Ashely. It is two hard businessmen vying for the best position.

I think it would be very disappointing if King came in for the love of the club, ousted all the parasites that were sucking out the life-blood, gives it a transfusion of over 10 million of his own money matched by others who back him, sends out a rallying call to the fans come out and support to help get the club quickly back to the top of Scottish football, and it's all met with a, "meh..."

only bringing in 6 or 7 new players. that's horrendous!

who are the 8 or so players in the squad right now who are deemed good enough to be in the line up next season?

got to say he isn't half asking for the fans to accept everything on trust and trust alone.

No budgets to be announced because they are open ended! does he realise how that translates to people that have been continuously lied to for the last 3-4 years?

I think the various fan groups RST, Rangers First, SOS ect have been very quiet of late, which is understandable as they don't want to be seen taking any attention away from King and Murray.

However I think the board need these groups to push the season ticket sales. I know very well this is not those groups remit, but the did such a sterling job fighting the old regime. Also encouraging the Bears to buy up shares. They are trusted by many supporters, have the home addresses and e-maIls and should use them on behalf of the club to sell ST's imo.

We are all in this fight together, i'm encouraging my young nephews to ask their parents to buy them season tickets, i will probably buy the youngest of my nephews so he can sit by me when i purchase mine at public sale.