The enigma that is Kris Boyd

What's everyones views on him? Talent, waster, goalscorer, lazy cunt?

I think he's one lazy fuck who needs to take a long hard look at himself and lose some weight. He can't run to save himself and more often than not he can't be bothered running to chase down a long ball. When the ball does come to him he loses it because his 1st touch is shocking and his 2nd touch is usually a tackle. Gives away far to many free kicks by holding onto his markers jersey and never seems interested BUT in saying all that he's the only regular scorer we have in our team so we can't afford to drop him.

He does my head in so much!!

He's a goal scorer, simple as.

Something we've missed so badly since Superally (bar Negri for half a season)

Thing is though Jon you don't see him play so it's easy for you to say that he's a positive for us.

I'm not having a pop at you BTW, you can't help living 4 million miles away from Ibrox. ;)

That's true Gav, I only really get to see highlights or live games which doesnt show the whole picture, but he's still guaranteed to be our and probably the SPL top scorere again.

I'll settle for that and hope that his work-rate and touch improve. How many would he score then?

For years we've been crying out for someone to stick the ball in the net, we have him now, no dispouting that yet he still gets pelters

Guest MichaelMols
What's everyones views on him? Talent, waster, goalscorer, lazy cunt?

I think he's one lazy fuck who needs to take a long hard look at himself and lose some weight. He can't run to save himself and more often than not he can't be bothered running to chase down a long ball. When the ball does come to him he loses it because his 1st touch is shocking and his 2nd touch is usually a tackle. Gives away far to many free kicks by holding onto his markers jersey and never seems interested BUT in saying all that he's the only regular scorer we have in our team so we can't afford to drop him.

He does my head in so much!!

He's a goalscorer AND a lazy cunt! :thup:

The issue is that if he has a decent striker beside him who works hard, drops deep, etc (Prso?), and if we also had some decent wide players in our midfield who could get service to him, we wouldn't be so critical!! How many times did he get decent service into the box today? Hardly any, and no wonder with the like of Sionko and Adam ...... Sionko would be as well coming off and we could play with 10 men, and Adam is thinking about his next pass 2 mins after he's been robbed of the ball!!!!

Let's not use Boyd as a convenient way to ignore the team's real problems!

imo Boyd scores goals, one of the best, if i would like to see any improvement then it would be his hold up play, not so much running about all over the park but when the ball gets to him with his back to goal he really needs to hold the ball up, other than that the man knows where the goal is

Goals breakdown for KB

Kilmarnock..............8 **

Dundee U................5 *

Dunfermline.............4

Hearts....................4 *

Peterhead...............3 *

Hibs.......................3

Motherwell..............3*

Falkirk..........,.........3*

ICT........................2

Livingston...............2

St, Mirren...............1

Aberdeen................1

Livorno...................1 *

Auxerre..................1

selick.....................0

Molde....................0

Maccabi.................0 *

Villareal..................0

Hapoel...................0

St.Johnstone..........0

* penalties

Red spl 1st and 3rd place + European

I think he has to start every game because of his goal-scoring. But, if we had other players scoring regularly, I don't think he'd be an automatic pick.

He clearly needs to work harder on and off the pitch, but at the moment we can't afford to be without him. We simply don't have the luxury of another striker who can finish with composure.