The enigma that is Kris Boyd

Gribz may have a point - can someone post Millers and Boyds stats for say OF, CL and international games? I'm willing to bet my house that Miller 'outscores' Boyd in all three categories.

IIRC Boyd hasn't scored against Craptic in his ENTIRE career...... and no matter what we think, it is OF games (and CL games) where a player will be judged.

Cammy F

Boyd has played far less games than Miller in all 3 categories mate, what you have a guy who can get 30-40 goals a season or Miller who scores 5-10 goals a season

Miller and Boyd are totally different sorts of strikers though. As for this thing about Boyd not scoring in big games, I don't think its anything strange, its just that we're not good enough to create a lot of chances against better opposition at the moment.

Miller and Boyd are totally different sorts of strikers though. As for this thing about Boyd not scoring in big games, I don't think its anything strange, its just that we're not good enough to create a lot of chances against better opposition at the moment.

Compare and contrast Boyd's goals in big games to say Prso, Lovenkrands and even Novo - there is NO comparison.

Also, IMO no point in Boyd getting 30-40 goals a season if we are 19 points behind Craptic and not challanging in Europe.

Boyd has had 'chances' both in the CL and OF games, just that he has failed to take them.

Cammy F

TBH i havent seen Kenny Miller this season as I dont watch Celtic over here except in OF games.

But i was talking about the Kenny Miller i watch for scotland. He was great against Italy and Norway away. When Miller plays like that id take him ahead of Boyd.

TBH i havent seen Kenny Miller this season as I dont watch Celtic over here except in OF games.

But i was talking about the Kenny Miller i watch for scotland. He was great against Italy and Norway away. When Miller plays like that id take him ahead of Boyd.

Lets give you an idea how good Miller has done this season, he has scored 1 more goal than Sebo

The SPL is Boyds and Millers bread and butter and to be fair to Boyd he's only played 2 CL games against Villareal while Miller has played more and the same goes for Scotland. Miller has played so many more games than Boyd so to be perfectly honest you can't really compare the two.

Gribz may have a point - can someone post Millers and Boyds stats for say OF, CL and international games? I'm willing to bet my house that Miller 'outscores' Boyd in all three categories.

IIRC Boyd hasn't scored against Craptic in his ENTIRE career...... and no matter what we think, it is OF games (and CL games) where a player will be judged.

Cammy F

do you honestly think that any games/goals ratio will show in kenny miller's favour? if kenny miller has scored more goals at a higher level it is only because he's significantly older and has played more.

someone who cant score more than ten goals in a season, irrespective of where they score them, isnt a better striker than one who nets 30 (two players playing in the same league, that is).