The enigma that is Kris Boyd

Gribz may have a point - can someone post Millers and Boyds stats for say OF, CL and international games? I'm willing to bet my house that Miller 'outscores' Boyd in all three categories.

IIRC Boyd hasn't scored against Craptic in his ENTIRE career...... and no matter what we think, it is OF games (and CL games) where a player will be judged.

Cammy F

OF and CL games might be where a player is judged but losing the OF and CL games is not what has gotten us in the sorry position we are in, it is our inconsistant performances and dropped points against the rest of the SPL.

So tell me, who is worth more points for us against the rest of the SPL teams?

Boyd or Miller?

I rest my case even before anyone answers.

Compare and contrast Boyd's goals in big games to say Prso, Lovenkrands and even Novo - there is NO comparison.

Also, IMO no point in Boyd getting 30-40 goals a season if we are 19 points behind Craptic and not challanging in Europe.

Boyd has had 'chances' both in the CL and OF games, just that he has failed to take them.

Cammy F

Sorry to answer all your posts at one time mate but im just back at my desk, Celtic games arent worth nineteen points per season so thats not Kris Boyds fault.

OF and CL games might be where a player is judged but losing the OF and CL games is not what has gotten us in the sorry position we are in, it is our inconsistant performances and dropped points against the rest of the SPL.

So tell me, who is worth more points for us against the rest of the SPL teams?

Boyd or Miller?

I rest my case even before anyone answers.

If you revert back to Busters post on Boyds stats whislt it *may* appear that Boyd has a fantastic scoring record, and he does, just have a look at the stats, look over them and digest them

Goals breakdown for KB

Kilmarnock..............8 **

Dundee U................5 *

Dunfermline.............4

Hearts....................4 *

Peterhead...............3 *

Hibs.......................3

Motherwell..............3*

Falkirk..........,.........3*

ICT........................2

Livingston...............2

St, Mirren...............1

Aberdeen................1

Livorno...................1 *

Auxerre..................1

selick.....................0

Molde....................0

Maccabi.................0 *

Villareal..................0

Hapoel...................0

St.Johnstone..........0

* penalties

Red spl 1st and 3rd place + European

----------------------------------------------

Boyd doesn't do enough end of story. I can't remember where I read this but compared to say Ally McCoist (the last player to score as many for us) and Larsson, Boyd's percentange for scoring the winning goal (i.e 1-0, 2-1, 3-2) in games is in single figures, the other two were up in the 20% mark.

That is what we need, a player who can turn a game in our favour, a playewr who will, week after week, score the WINNING goal in a tight game, or a game where we've played below standard. The last player we had who delivered like that was probably Rod Wallace. IMO, Boyd couldn't lace Rod's boots

Cammy F

That is what we need, a player who can turn a game in our favour, a playewr who will, week after week, score the WINNING goal in a tight game, or a game where we've played below standard. The last player we had who delivered like that was probably Rod Wallace. IMO, Boyd couldn't lace Rod's boots

Aaah Rod Wallace, what a player he was! I remember when DA signed him I thought 'WTF???' but he proved me wrong. He was awesome!!!

Sorry to answer all your posts at one time mate but im just back at my desk, Celtic games arent worth nineteen points per season so thats not Kris Boyds fault.

They aren't, but they normally have a HUGE bearing on where the league ends up. Can you honestly say that come the next OF games, even OF games NEXT season, you are confident that Boyd will score for Rangers? Or more importantly, are you confident that in ANY game next season that is poised at 0-0 with 2 minutes to go that Boyd would score you the winning goal on a regular basis?

I ain't

Cammy F

Cammy - no-one's saying he's the best player on the planet, we're just saying he's the best player we have.

He isn't even that, are you seriously saying that Boyd is better than Prso, Ferguson, Hendami???? Boyd isn't even the best 'striker' that we have. He is the best goal-scorer we have.

Cammy F

Boyd doesn't do enough end of story. I can't remember where I read this but compared to say Ally McCoist (the last player to score as many for us) and Larsson, Boyd's percentange for scoring the winning goal (i.e 1-0, 2-1, 3-2) in games is in single figures, the other two were up in the 20% mark.

Cammy F

Im not comparing him to Ally or Larsson mate, im saying he is better than Miller and the best we have at the club just now.

He isn't even that, are you seriously saying that Boyd is better than Prso, Ferguson, Hendami???? Boyd isn't even the best 'striker' that we have. He is the best goal-scorer we have.

Cammy F

no, i obviously meant he's the best goal-scorer we have - and that he is a better goal scorer than kenny miller. thats all i've said throughout, and is demonstrable.

I think we have to give Boyd a decent chance in the category A games before we compare him to players such as McCoist and Larsson who have played in more than their fair share.

He does have to do more in games but in terms of goalscoring he's worth his weight in gold no matter what games he actually scores the goals in.

Since he arrived, chances in the bigger games have been few and far between for him and as he gains experience at that level it won't be long before Celtic and the top Euro teams fear him like every other SPL side.