The enigma that is Kris Boyd

Heard he has 21 goals in all competitions this year. Not a bad return considering how PLG messed him about at the start of the season.

Agreed about his overall contribution. Just when I thought it was getting better, at least the last two games its been very poor.

I don't buy into the myth the guy is fat. Certainly doesn't look it to me. He has a big frame but doesn't appear to be carrying a lot of extra body fat about.

Is the guy lazy or perhaps just not that good, goalscoring aside? Genuine question btw. Everyone quotes the PLG mantra of he could do more. Is the guy trying to, but he's just not capable?

Who knows. Maybe the management are telling him to play as a traditional poacher, hang around in the box and let others around him chase lost causes and drop out wide, deep etc. Or maybe he is lazy and managers just put up with that as he'll give them goals in return. I don't know if that's the case though as it'll just lead to other players resenting him and also him getting away with murder.

He is young but I'm sure he'll improve with McCoist being at Ibrox now. I really hope we sign a decent striker to play alongside him though.

I don't think the guy is fat btw, but him and Adam look like they are carrying a wee bit extra considering they're professional sportsmen. Just around the face in particular. I could be totally wrong, but looking at how they play and the effort they put in, I think they'd be helping themselves massively if they did lose a few more pounds.

he just seems to score. i think with better service we'd get a lot more out of him. right now we have no creativity in the final third and he's still scoring - imagine him with a busy creative second forward, and a few attacking midfielders?

i reckon he could still cement his place.

Is the guy lazy or perhaps just not that good, goalscoring aside? Genuine question btw.

Goalscoring aside I think Boyd is an average player at best. His 1st touch is shocking which means he can't hold the ball up for other attackers and the midfielders.

He'd have been scoring even more if he'd been around in the team years ago.

We've had a shocking lack of creativity from our midfield for some time now, so I really hope WS signs one or two attacking midfielders who can actually produce an end result from their play.

he just seems to score. i think with better service we'd get a lot more out of him. right now we have no creativity in the final third and he's still scoring - imagine him with a busy creative second forward, and a few attacking midfielders?

i reckon he could still cement his place.

i agree if we had a better team with players creating more chances he would score even more, and it wouldn't be mentioned as much that he is a lazy git :D

i'd take someone who can score goals than someone who works hard and doesn't every time but we need both to make it work.

we need midfielders or another forward that work hard and/or create more for him rather than the other way about. :sigh:

just my opinion tho :thup:

no, i agree fully. we've been crying out for someone for a very long time who just regularly kicks the ball into the goals - now that we've got someone i think its important we put him to full use.

there's no doubt he could/can improve, but our whole squad could, and i dont think it is right to judge him too harshly till he's surrounded by good players.

no, i agree fully. we've been crying out for someone for a very long time who just regularly kicks the ball into the goals - now that we've got someone i think its important we put him to full use.

there's no doubt he could/can improve, but our whole squad could, and i dont think it is right to judge him too harshly till he's surrounded by good players.

The common sense answer. Don't post this on FF they'll tear you to shreds. :D