The enigma that is Kris Boyd

man, oh, man cammy - we cant agree on a thing just now. rdb done absolutely nothing compared with gazza or laudrup!
:admin:

Barry, reread what I said above. Until I went back alst night and watched that video, I would have agreed with you. What I saw last night on that video of that wonderful season was 2 players, BF and RDB inspiring a Rangers team to come back from the dead and win the title. They did this by playing some of the best football I have witnessed.

Gazza and Laudrup were amazing players, BUT they had the benefit of playing in an 'established' successful team at a time when Motherwell, Hearts and Aberdeen were our closest challangers.

Oh, to clarify what I meant about the input into this particular thread, I was talking about the fantstic movement, options, runs, angels, one-twos the strikers like Mols, RDB, Lovenkrands, CC etc OFFERED to the midfield players, something only Prso offers at present.

Cammy F

man, oh, man cammy - we cant agree on a thing just now. rdb done absolutely nothing compared with gazza or laudrup!
:admin:

Barry, reread what I said above. Until I went back alst night and watched that video, I would have agreed with you. What I saw last night on that video of that wonderful season was 2 players, BF and RDB inspiring a Rangers team to come back from the dead and win the title. They did this by playing some of the best football I have witnessed.

Gazza and Laudrup were amazing players, BUT they had the benefit of playing in an 'established' successful team at a time when Motherwell, Hearts and Aberdeen were our closest challangers.

Oh, to clarify what I meant about the input into this particular thread, I was talking about the fantstic movement, options, runs, angels, one-twos the strikers like Mols, RDB, Lovenkrands, CC etc OFFERED to the midfield players, something only Prso offers at present.

Cammy F

was referring to this bit:

A final mention of RDB - I always thought that Gazza / Laudrup and Cooper were the best / most skillful palyers I have ever seen. I recant that, after watching that video, RDB IS the best player I have seen in a Rangers jersey - he was simply, and I don't say this lightly, WORLD CLASS.

Gazza, Laudrup and Cooper, were, in my opinion, infinitely more skillful than RDB.

Im with Cammy 100% on this.

Boyd doesnt have it in his game to nick a winner when we need it. Most of his goals are simple that anyone could score, and his misses more than he scores. And his first touch is awful. If Sebo was given a chance we might see him doing the same thing.

Hopefully with McCoist training him he will get better and he has age on his side, but im not confident about winning OF and Euro away games with Boyd and other current players in the team.

Our current position is due to the players we have. When we play average SPL players we will be an average SPL side, we've got plenty in the team and thats why we are 1) so far behind Celtic and 2) just ahead of Hearts and Aberdeen.

Its our better players who are a class above the average SPL player (Ferguson, Hemdani, Prso) who get us out of it half the time and not Boyds goals.

Thsi is what gets me with the bears. Pulling up Boyd on his defficiencies (sp) fair enough). But then backing Sebo in his stead when Boyd is infinitely more useful to us.

When and where have I 'backed' Sebo?

Cammy F

Instead of seeing what you want to see Cammy, take a look at the qwuote used by the previous poster - they quoted Gribz, not you - and Gribz' post suggested Sebo be given a chance.

Thsi is what gets me with the bears. Pulling up Boyd on his defficiencies (sp) fair enough). But then backing Sebo in his stead when Boyd is infinitely more useful to us.

I havent backed Sebo, all ive said is that he MIGHT turn out to be a better player. The guy hasnt nearly had a good enough chance to be rated.

I havent backed Sebo, all ive said is that he MIGHT turn out to be a better player. The guy hasnt nearly had a good enough chance to be rated.

I agree that he hasn't had enough of a consistent chance to be judged - but there is NO WAY that now is the time to do it. We are slipping further and further behind Celtic financially so that 2nd place and entry to the CL qualifiers is all the more important.

Right now is not the time to give a guy a chance to show his worth, especially at the expense of a proven goalscorer (and I am not Boyd's biggest fan either !)

Instead of seeing what you want to see Cammy, take a look at the qwuote used by the previous poster - they quoted Gribz, not you - and Gribz' post suggested Sebo be given a chance.

He may have quoted Gribz, but he wrote, and I quote

As a Bear, I thought I was entitled to respond

Cammy F