Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

He's just a young boy and should be drafted in gently but I can see no reason not to give him a full half in a game say if we were 3-4 goals up at the break.Scoring goals at international level albeit U-19's can only boost his confidence.

He's just turned 19, plays like lafferty and will be no more than a decent footballer? Warbs should get shot of him lol. Hardie needs games not five mins here and ten mins there full games we won't know till he gets more starts. He won't get experience playing in the reserves...

There might be the odd diamond in the rough at that level (Jamie Vardy!), but I am concerned that we continue to go after young inexperienced low level operators. It is real quality additions we need to bring in, match-winners, not even more 6 or 7 out of 10 performers. We have a lot of 7/10 players, we dont have anyone who has that bit of quality to win you a game on their own.

While I would be happy with the continual addition of younger hungrier players who we can potentially develop and sell on for a good profit, we must add proven quality as well. Fishing about the lower English leagues for bargains is only a part of the story. I personally think the English leagues are vastly over-rated. I have just watched (while working so not so closely) Burnley v Brighton from the second tier. Two of the top sides in that league. The game was rotten and there was a real lack of quality players on show. Go further down the pyramid and the quality gets even more diluted.