Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

JOSH WINDASS has been told he won’t be leaving Accrington Stanley during the January transfer window.

The striker has been linked with a potential move to Rangers as boss Mark Warburton looks to bolster his squad for the second half of the Championship campaign.

But Accrington manager John Coleman insists the 21-year-old, the son of former Aberdeen forward Dean Windass, won’t be heading for the exit door at the Crown Ground.

He said: "No-one’s going in January. I could be setting myself up for the biggest egg on my face ever here if someone does go, but I believe what I’m doing is right so we’ll get on with it.

"I find it quite funny to be honest because there have been one or two comments and people have been telling us what we’re going to do.

"What they’re trying to say is that my statement saying no-one is leaving in January is a load of nonsense. Well we’ll see in January.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14098461.Josh_Windass_told_he_won_t_be_leaving_Accrington_after_Rangers_link/

There might be the odd diamond in the rough at that level (Jamie Vardy!), but I am concerned that we continue to go after young inexperienced low level operators. It is real quality additions we need to bring in, match-winners, not even more 6 or 7 out of 10 performers. We have a lot of 7/10 players, we dont have anyone who has that bit of quality to win you a game on their own.

I would argue that is exactly the type of player we DON'T need. This is a team game, not an individual one. I also feel that this has been a major problem in the past - we have put too much faith in individuals. I remember things going to pot a few years ago when Naismith got injured.

Yes we require talented players, but they need to show that talent within the team structure....we don't need prima donnas who blow hot & cold from week-to-week.

Well, the media will obviously ask Warburton on Thursday or Friday and we'll see whether he knows anything about any linked player thus far. And even if, I reckon he will reply with the usual: "as long as a player is with a different club, it would be disrespectful to talk about this" ...

Yeah, I never quite got the, "I never tire of listening to Warburton" thing. I think we all will - he's doing exactly the right thing with professionalism and integrity, but the right thing is generally rhetorical, repetitive, uninformative and dull.

There will be some gold nuggets in there though, so worth listening for...

I've stopped being interested in transfer rumours, since not long after Eck took over. It was exciting when we were actually spending decent money on famous, international players or the young top guns that were setting their division alight - and when the rumours actually had some real basis.

However, I can't get remotely interested about some average freebie who has about 1 in a 100 chance of actually signing. I'd rather we kept it quiet and unveiled them once they had signed. With narrow transfer windows, it means their is less substance to any info outside that time.

I must admit, it takes away some of the (bonus) enjoyment of following Rangers but is probably a better way to be, as all the excitement in the old days, ultimately led to the bad times.

I can also see why it leads to the clamour to play youth, as that's the main remaining way to freshen up the team at at any time.

There's not that much wrong with the squad we have atm imo, get young Hardie in now, he's lethal and if you're good enough you're old enough. Big DJ scored the winner in a cup final at 16 and look what he went on to achieve with us.

There's not that much wrong with the squad we have atm imo, get young Hardie in now, he's lethal and if you're good enough you're old enough. Big DJ scored the winner in a cup final at 16 and look what he went on to achieve with us.

How long have I been saying that bear?