Rangers could face punishment over sectarian chanting

So are police Scotland wrong the BD?

Police Scotland and UEFA are different organisations and operate under different rules/legislations. UEFA appear to have the power to ban a song. The police can only refer to current legislation, none of which specifically refers to any songs. Scottish courts have proven that the singing of certain songs is OK in certain circumstances and not in others.

Police Scotland comments can only take account of Scottish legislation, so the police can be correct and the song can be banned.

I disagree. There has to be some standards within football and within society.

You can't have one team saying we hate all black people, for example.

If our support were disciplined enough to show that the F word meant extremist Irish republicanism then we should be OK but that's obviously not the case. Likewise when the H word is used it's obvious they are not referring to Rangers fans most of the time.

We should accept that the F word and mentioning the Pope is not acceptable and move on. Use something like "rebel" that doesn't have the religious connotations, for example.

Let's set our own standards and not let them drop to the same as every other team who find the continuous use of the sectarian H word as acceptable.

No Rangers fan is singing about "black people". Do you know the definition of a ****** ? Is it any secret that the manky mob refer to themselves as ******s ? Is it right that they can call themselves by that name but choke the phone lines when Rangers fans call them that ? As far as "hun" goes, apart from one criminal case where a hoop wearing brain donor got mentioned in court when was the last or indeed any example of the Scottish football authorities taking action against their fans for referring to us as huns ?

In all fairness Bluedell...

Show me where it's banned.

All I ask.

You avoid my direct questions like the plague and well you should for you're talking nonsense here.

Show me where it's banned or seriously, shhhhh.

Edited by LucyBlue

In all fairness Bluedell...

Show me where it's banned.

All I ask.

It is a question which will never be answered. Apart from the Rangers-hating deluded halfwits who all appear to have "well placed sources" in all the online discussions I have NEVER seen any direct quote from any law or football source stating it is banned. I have seen posts on other forums from Rangers supporters alluding to somebody with connections inside Ibrox being shown proof by the baldy ex catalogue model who previously worked for us, but none of them could back it up.

I go to the Louden each pre-game.

I love Rangers.

I defend them.

How me asking someone who's saying the Billy Boys is banned to prove it offends you...I...lol to be honest.

Bluedell can't prove what he says....he knows it....I know it.

God bless Rangers.

I just can't understand why people have to react in such a disgusting way when there are so many children at our games it does not auger well.

Still if LB is so infantile in making her comments so be it.

What disgusting way are you referring to?,and to be honest if I was that worried about exposing my kid to swearing,or whatever,I wouldn't take them to football,more so Ibrox,and not because of the Rangers fans!

It is a question which will never be answered. Apart from the Rangers-hating deluded halfwits who all appear to have "well placed sources" in all the online discussions I have NEVER seen any direct quote from any law or football source stating it is banned. I have seen posts on other forums from Rangers supporters alluding to somebody with connections inside Ibrox being shown proof by the baldy ex catalogue model who previously worked for us, but none of them could back it up.

Facts are it's not banned....no-one can show different.

It's a great song....we sing it....perceived offence is your problem not mine?

I'll say again....THE BILLY BOYS IS NOT BANNED.

Facts are it's not banned....no-one can show different.

It's a great song....we sing it....perceived offence is your problem not mine?

I'll say again....THE BILLY BOYS IS NOT BANNED.

You are correct,as far as I am aware,however there is no denying the fact the add ons are what we will get into bother for!