RST Write to Senior SNP Figures Over IRA Pub Visit

I thought this was an absolute disgrace and I'm as neutral as they come when it comes to politics.

Personally I'm delighted one of the fan groups is asking the question all of us should be asking.

That is just it Frankie. Other people should be asking the question not a Rangers fan group. What have Rangers got to do with a bunch of politicians going into a pub? I don't disagree that the question should be asked, I disagree they are using Rangers name to make their point.

That is just it Frankie. Other people should be asking the question not a Rangers fan group. What have Rangers got to do with a bunch of politicians going into a pub? I don't disagree that the question should be asked, I disagree they are using Rangers name to make their point.

Rangers fans form a large body of the electorate and are completely entitled to ask the question.

Do you think Celtic fans wouldn't do the same thing? Look at their FAC campaign...

No-one else is asking the question and every Rangers fan I've seen is disgusted by this visit. Why shouldn't we be lobbying?

I seem to remember during the Commonwealth Games, Hamza Yusuf's secretary tweeting from Ibrox during the rugby sevens. She was of the opinion that the stadium should become a rugby ground because it was full and a comfortable family atmosphere. The usual suspects like Tom English got behind this notion and when Lyndsay Sharp won her silver medal and stated her wish to parade it at Ibrox; Hamza's secretary tweeted she should get to Ibrox during the rugby sevens as that would be Ms Sharp's only opportunity of doing so in front of a full house.

I do not agree with mixing football with politics but Mr Yousaf was a major proponent of the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act

http://www.glasgowsnp.org/MSPs/Humza_Yousaf_MSP/Committee_backs_Offensive_Behaviour_Bill/ etc

so the decision to hold any event in this particular pub was at best ill-advised and at worst a major own goal for the SNP in general and Mr Yousaf in particular.

However, referring to him as Celtic fan was crass and irrelevant. If you are trying to make a political point then surely it would much better to refer to him by his title, Minister for Europe and International Development.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I do not agree with mixing football with politics but Mr Yousaf was a major proponent of the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act

http://www.glasgowsnp.org/MSPs/Humza_Yousaf_MSP/Committee_backs_Offensive_Behaviour_Bill/ etc

so the decision to hold any event in this particular pub was at best ill-advised and at worst a major own goal for the SNP in general and Mr Yousaf in particular.

However, referring to him as Celtic fan was crass and irrelevant. If you are trying to make a political point then surely it would much better to refer to him by his title, Minister for Europe and International Development.

Humza constantly talks about his support for Celtic on social media so it's entirely relevant and appropriate to highlight this along with his 'ill-advised' press conference.

I'm amazed any Rangers fan has an issue with the RST being one of the few bodies to condemn it. If not them, who?

I understand your stance but, ...

" We also have an admission from the Govan Emerald CSC, who were based in this pub, that they attacked Rangers fans on the day of an Old Firm game some time ago."

I think this gives a supporters' group licence to voice their disgust at public figures who conduct an event at such premises.

You don't see their bias?

IMHO, this is the only point that the RST should have commented on as it's directly football and Rangers related.

The story as a whole seems troubling (although I don't know all the facts at this moment) - but shouldn't the political aspects be left for either political organisations, or individuals to raise?

We should be writing to our MPs about this, not the RST,