The service provided by BBC Scotland

Honestly i take my hat off to you Bears that can take the time to take these feckers on. Their all to bias against our club and it's support, is clear to see. I prefer to hate them back at a distance, that's not to say that when i can i'll send a complaint in, i even went on the last VB organised protest to CSC Pacific Quay headquarters.

They are a organised biased lying monopoly that's better done away with, or preferable completely run from London or Manchester imo.

Ian,

Reference Ian Small.

Several years past, I was still a serving member of the RST Board. A fellow member and I engaged with BBC Scotland over the lack of objectivity. It took the best part of a year to achieve a meeting inside Pacific Quay. Ian Small chaired the meeting that lasted just over an hour. We entered laden with ammunition, and choose to present three examples, leaving a dossier of another dozen. A couple of Small's flunkies appeared to be genuinely surprised at both the extent and level of subjectivity. We utilised the phrase, "marginalisation and demonisation of Rangers and Rangers supporters appears to be common currency within BBC Scotland". Ian Small regularly checked his watch and was clearly looking to culminate the meeting.

Finally, we focused on the then recent League Cup final between Rangers and Dundee United. On the Monday morning, between 10am and noon, presenter Gary Robertson gave over his entire mid-morning chat/phone-in/issue/current affairs show to the day before's Rangers victory on penalties. We were presented with presentations by Levein, United's PRO, a player, the Chair of the Arab's supporters group, ..... etc. The thrust was that United were NEVER going to be allowed to win the cup. There were a number of controversial decisions applying to both sides, only the United concerns were highlighted and amplified. Darcherville's onside goal was wrongly flagged and NOT mentioned. We were told United's Chairman, Thomson was too emotional to contribute. He was in the last stages of his fight against cancer. The phone-in was a litany of Arab who's who. Seriously, Lorraine Kelly, Ricky Ross, Brian Taylor(BBC Scotland's Chief Political Commentator), ...... etc. We were NEVER told that host, Gary Robertson was a Tannadice season ticket holder and the veneer of objectivity was Jim Templeton on a two minute mobile link from a train station.

Ian Small listened but did not hear, he spent the next several minutes explaining the machinations of live radio production. Anyways, the culmination of the meeting saw us given assurances that his door was open and he would deal with our concerns. A few weeks later, we received an e-mail reply informing us that some of our concerns were worthy of some attention, but having held a meeting with department heads, he was confident there was no general case to answer. We found out later from another source that Small only took the meeting because London had told him to do so, we had been silently copying in BBC HQ in our correspondence.

The very evening of our meeting at Pacific Quay, photographs taken from inside that homage to glass, of myself and colleague, appeared on a well known Sellik supporters forum. We invited Ian Small to comment, still waiting on an answer. You will receive more satisfaction from hand washing a hankie, than engaging with Ian Small.

I am sure both Frankie and Bluedell can add reference to the above.

A complete waste of time then!,I will think about continuing with this complaint and decide accordingly,cheers

A complete waste of time then!,I will think about continuing with this complaint and decide accordingly,cheers

Can you go directly to London, complaining that they are just giving you a bland reply and not addressing/answering the points in it?

Can you go directly to London, complaining that they are just giving you a bland reply and not addressing/answering the points in it?

No idea mate,it is difficult to see any link directly to London!,will keep searching for one though!.

Right!, I have just emailed Ian Smith,pointless I know!,however I will see what reply I get, I also copied(BCC) in trust.editorial@bbc.co.uk. Thanks BD.

Mr Smith,

Please see below the BBC reply regarding the complaint I made case number as in subject title. As a license payer the replies that keep being sent are not answering my questions,I find them unacceptable!. So I am left with no alternative to write this email to you to see if you can answer my questions?.

Have Rangers FC banned all BBC Scotland reporters or any?, I want to know why BBC Scotland can't send another reporter to cover Rangers matches?.

What other publicly funded organisation would cease to cover the most popular football team in their country?, and does this mean BBC Scotland will not be covering the biggest fixture in Scotland the up coming Scottish Cup semi final Rangers v Celtic?

The BBC’s Royal Charter states inter alia the following:

3.The BBC’s public nature and its objects

(1)The BBC exists to serve the public interest.

(2)The BBC’s main object is the promotion of its Public Purposes.

4.The Public Purposes

The Public Purposes of the BBC are as follows

(d)representing the UK, its nations, regions and communities;

The BBC is acting outside of its Charter in respect of its refusal to deal with Rangers for the following reasons:

1. It is not acting in the public interest. Football is the most popular sport in Scotland and Rangers have the biggest following of any team throughout the whole of Scotland. The BBC’s failure to cover Rangers and their games is therefore in clear violation of 3 (1) of the Charter.

2. It is not representing Scotland by failing to cover its most popular football club. A large section of the Scottish community is being disregarded. Other English clubs (eg Manchester United) have withdrawn press access to one journalist in the past and the BBC did not take the same action. It can therefore be concluded that it this action is only being taken because it is a Scottish club and that it is largely Scots who are being inconvenienced in this action. This therefore is also a clear violation of 4(d) of the BBC Charter.

Dear Mr ian1964

Thank you for your email as below. I’m aware that you have copied this to the BBC Trust but, for clarity, I would note that I will consider the points you raise and be back in touch in due course.

Yours sincerely

Ian Small

Head of Public Policy & Corporate Affairs

BBC Scotland

Keep up the good work Ian.

Think it's time more of us started complaining about there abysmal service.

It wouldn't do any harm!,however I don't think anything will change BBC Scotland,but at least it would annoy the feck out of them!

It wouldn't do any harm!,however I don't think anything will change BBC Scotland,but at least it would annoy the feck out of them!

Certainly worth it just for that.

Think I will send them a little email from my perspective too later.

Let's just complain complain complain