The service provided by BBC Scotland

A

The only way to change the BBC is to abolish the licence fee & get it to raise its revenue by other means.

That way it will be dependent on its viewing/listening figures like other broadcasters. If no one watches ' Off the Ball' or whatever it's called then it will get scrapped & replaced by something else people might want to watch/listen to. At present that doesn't happen hence we get the pondlife who present the programme & the pondlife who contribute to it.

The days when the public are forced to pay for a state broadcaster are long gone IMO

Yes, well, that is why I mentioned prospective MPs. Not sure if the public, in the UK, have ever been forced to pay for a state broadcaster though.

There seems to be an assumption on this thread that BBC Scotland are not giving Scots the football coverage they want. I don't see it this way. They present a Rangers hating view to a public that hates Rangers. Us aside, everyone gets what they want.

We also have to bear in mind that coverage of Scottish football is a minuscule part of the BBC's remit and operation. As their distorted map of Britain so graphically demonstrates every night, Scotland is a small area and of no significance to them as a whole, far less Scottish football which is now so totally in the shadow of the EPL behemoth.

The failings in BBC Sports Scotland simply reflect far deeper problems and failings in the society and political environment in which we, as Rangers' fans, find ourselves toiling. As mentioned above, Radio Clyde treats us terribly too. As does the mainstream media, be it the Guardian or the Dailly Mail.

Edited by SteveC

It's not the BBC per se, it's BBC Scotland. I like the BBC for the variety of programming -- which you get in few other places -- without any ads. I tend to ignore BBC Scotland content; it's just too parochial for me. One can complain, but I suspect we are in the minority here. It's like everything else: if you don't like it, don't consume it.

Have the BBC formed a partnership with Pixar ? For the first time in years I watched Sportscene and saw highlights of a match which I attended but just didn't recognise. The free-flowing Dundee play that all led up to a free kick or a throw in, why was that shown ? The numerous Rangers attacks, why were they edited out ?

Keep the bastards out. The agenda is ongoing.

Good for you. I hope that more will take the time to do so.

Here is the reply I received:

Dear Mr

Reference CAS-

Thank you for getting in touch about 'Sportsound' broadcast on 1st March 2016.

We are disappointed that Rangers took the decision to ban one of our reporters from Ibrox. We believe it is unjustifiable and we stand by the integrity and the quality of our journalism. We will continue to report on Rangers both on and off the pitch and will feature match action where appropriate but, until this issue is resolved, we will not be sending journalists to Ibrox or attending Rangers’ press conferences.

The BBC would respond in exactly the same way if any institution or body acted in a similar fashion.

In the specific case of Rangers v Raith Rovers we provided score updates online and on radio. Additionally we provided an online match report sourced from press agency copy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35637842.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml'>http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

Kind regards

Anna Sweeney

BBC Complaints

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Edited by ian1964

Dear Mr ian1964

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with our earlier response to your complaint and appreciate that you felt strongly enough to contact us again about the matter.

In these circumstances we aim to investigate and reply to you normally within up to 20 working days (around four weeks) but will contact you if we believe it may take longer. The time needed at this stage depends on the detail of the issues needing investigation, practical issues such as whether a production team is available or away on location and how many other complaints are also having to be investigated.

We aim to use your licence fee as efficiently as we can, so if you have complained about the same issues as others we will send our response to you and everyone. We may also not investigate or reply in great detail if a complaint doesn’t suggest a potential breach of BBC standards, or a significant issue of general importance. This is in line with the BBC Trust’s complaints procedures which you can read at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/governance/complaints_framework/.

This acknowledgment is automatically generated from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If you think you’ve received this in error please contact us using our webform at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints,'>http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints, quoting your case reference number.

We attach the text and case reference number of your complaint below for your records:

----------

YOUR COMPLAINT:

Complaint Summary: Poor reply to previous complaint

Full Complaint: I am a license paying customer,I complained about the poor radio coverage of a football match Rangers v Raith Rovers,the biggest attendance in the UK that night.The response I was given was factually incorrect as far as I am unaware of a banning of a BBC Scotland reporter,even if true can BBC Scotland not send another reporter? why must license payers be denied the service they are paying for?,did the BBC do the same when Sir Alex Ferguson refused to speak to the BBC?,do BBC Scotland not care about fans who can't attend the match yet pay their license fee,disabled,blind,hospital bound,serving soldiers abroad,opposing fans,an appalling childish situation BBC Scotland have created. Consumer rights will be contacted as well as my local MP.A full investigation is required with BBC Scotland with their agenda driven bias towards Rangers FC.BBC is such a great organisation but BBC Scotland is failing the BBC.The BBC are meant to be a national public broadcaster so they should be above taking a childish attitude that would be laughed at in a primary school, never mind a huge public organisation.I believe that their attitude is against the BBC charter in a number of aspects.It pains me to admit this will again fall on deaf ears but I will not give up and will be encouraging many more to complain who feel the same as me.All I am looking for is parity with every license payer.BBC Scotland should be doing there very best to resolve a pathetic situation instead of blindly backing one of their employees,do you really think Rangers FC are totally wrong?,maybe they are but prove it and publish it,sit down and talk about it like adults instead of taking money of license holders and denying the service we are paying for,is this the way big companies do business?,pathetic.If there is a problem find it and sort it,someone is wrong.It is wrong that you get paid for a service and don't provide it whatever way you look at it.I expect another feeble response to this but I will not go away

----------

Thank you again for contacting us,

BBC Complaints team

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Please note: this email is sent from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If necessary please contact us through our webform (please include your case reference number).