The service provided by BBC Scotland

I have just received the below reply to my second complaint, before this arrived I had already contacted the BBC Trust and as yet I have not heard anything from the BBC Trust.

Dear Mr Ian

Reference CAS-

Thank you for taking time to contact us again. I am sorry that you did not find our first response satisfactory.

We raised your concerns with BBC Sport and our reply was sent after consulting with them. We have discussed this with them again and they have considered your points but believe they explained the position as clearly as possible and do not have more to add.

If you remain dissatisfied and wish to take your original complaint on to the second stage of the BBC complaints procedure, please write within 20 working days of receiving this reply explaining why to Ian Small asking him to investigate further. His contact details are:

Ian Small

Head of Public Policy & Corporate Affairs

BBC Scotland

40 Pacific Quay

Glasgow

G51 1DA

email: ian.small@bbc.co.uk

Please include any case number reference which you may have been given. You can find full details of the BBC’s complaints procedures at http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/governance/complaints_framework/.

I hope this is helpful but I regret we cannot reply to you further at this first stage.

Once again, thank you for getting in touch.

Kind regards

Nicola Egerton

BBC Complaints

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

see the BBC were covering their arses last night on the wireless. McLaughlin was wheeled on to talk about Celtic fans IRA chanting and the SPFL response. Guess your complaint has made them try to appear even handed. Just note that this was on 15'th March after several complaints had been sent to them

see the BBC were covering their arses last night on the wireless. McLaughlin was wheeled on to talk about Celtic fans IRA chanting and the SPFL response. Guess your complaint has made them try to appear even handed. Just note that this was on 15'th March after several complaints had been sent to them

The most annoying thing is they never answer any questions that I have asked!, I will sit on it for a while but I think I will be sending Mr Ian Small an email,in the meantime I hope the BBC Trust are at least taking a bit of interest!.

no doubt McLaughlin either didn't hear anything at the game or wasn't there

no doubt McLaughlin either didn't hear anything at the game or wasn't there

Remember, McLaughlin told the listenership that he always has a word with the Match Commander before compiling his match report. He began his Hibs/Rangers report with, "four Rangers supporters have been arrested for sectarian chanting .......". Specifically, on complaints from Bears, he explained talking to the appropriate Match Commander was normal routine.

Now, at Pittodrie he stated he had spoken to the MC and there was nothing to report. The next day's Aberdeen P and J carried a quote from the MC stating six Yahoos had been arrested for sectarianism. So, did the MC lie to McLaughlin? Did Chris talk to the MC? Maybe, Chris had been caught?

Thus, Chris has reported on four of his beloved Sellik matches, Hearts, Stranraer, Aberdeen, and Hamilton and has NOT included quotes from the MC or SPFL Delegate; and subsequently had to revisit at a later stage. How embarrassing for BBC Scotland's Chief Football Reporter?

I have just received the below reply to my second complaint, before this arrived I had already contacted the BBC Trust and as yet I have not heard anything from the BBC Trust.

Dear Mr Ian

Reference CAS-

Thank you for taking time to contact us again. I am sorry that you did not find our first response satisfactory.

We raised your concerns with BBC Sport and our reply was sent after consulting with them. We have discussed this with them again and they have considered your points but believe they explained the position as clearly as possible and do not have more to add.

If you remain dissatisfied and wish to take your original complaint on to the second stage of the BBC complaints procedure, please write within 20 working days of receiving this reply explaining why to Ian Small asking him to investigate further. His contact details are:

Ian Small

Head of Public Policy & Corporate Affairs

BBC Scotland

40 Pacific Quay

Glasgow

G51 1DA

email: ian.small@bbc.co.uk

Please include any case number reference which you may have been given. You can find full details of the BBC’s complaints procedures at http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/governance/complaints_framework/.

I hope this is helpful but I regret we cannot reply to you further at this first stage.

Once again, thank you for getting in touch.

Kind regards

Nicola Egerton

BBC Complaints

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Ian,

Reference Ian Small.

Several years past, I was still a serving member of the RST Board. A fellow member and I engaged with BBC Scotland over the lack of objectivity. It took the best part of a year to achieve a meeting inside Pacific Quay. Ian Small chaired the meeting that lasted just over an hour. We entered laden with ammunition, and choose to present three examples, leaving a dossier of another dozen. A couple of Small's flunkies appeared to be genuinely surprised at both the extent and level of subjectivity. We utilised the phrase, "marginalisation and demonisation of Rangers and Rangers supporters appears to be common currency within BBC Scotland". Ian Small regularly checked his watch and was clearly looking to culminate the meeting.

Finally, we focused on the then recent League Cup final between Rangers and Dundee United. On the Monday morning, between 10am and noon, presenter Gary Robertson gave over his entire mid-morning chat/phone-in/issue/current affairs show to the day before's Rangers victory on penalties. We were presented with presentations by Levein, United's PRO, a player, the Chair of the Arab's supporters group, ..... etc. The thrust was that United were NEVER going to be allowed to win the cup. There were a number of controversial decisions applying to both sides, only the United concerns were highlighted and amplified. Darcherville's onside goal was wrongly flagged and NOT mentioned. We were told United's Chairman, Thomson was too emotional to contribute. He was in the last stages of his fight against cancer. The phone-in was a litany of Arab who's who. Seriously, Lorraine Kelly, Ricky Ross, Brian Taylor(BBC Scotland's Chief Political Commentator), ...... etc. We were NEVER told that host, Gary Robertson was a Tannadice season ticket holder and the veneer of objectivity was Jim Templeton on a two minute mobile link from a train station.

Ian Small listened but did not hear, he spent the next several minutes explaining the machinations of live radio production. Anyways, the culmination of the meeting saw us given assurances that his door was open and he would deal with our concerns. A few weeks later, we received an e-mail reply informing us that some of our concerns were worthy of some attention, but having held a meeting with department heads, he was confident there was no general case to answer. We found out later from another source that Small only took the meeting because London had told him to do so, we had been silently copying in BBC HQ in our correspondence.

The very evening of our meeting at Pacific Quay, photographs taken from inside that homage to glass, of myself and colleague, appeared on a well known Sellik supporters forum. We invited Ian Small to comment, still waiting on an answer. You will receive more satisfaction from hand washing a hankie, than engaging with Ian Small.

I am sure both Frankie and Bluedell can add reference to the above.