The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Joey Barton according to a poster who has been right a few times on FF... :ninja:

Heard that rumour myself recently actually.

He's a good player (and has matured personally) but I'd be surprised if MW fancied any possible hassle.

Heard that rumour myself recently actually.

He's a good player (and has matured personally) but I'd be surprised if MW fancied any possible hassle.

When you look at the McParland/Dyche/Warburton links it makes even more sense.

Could he be the experienced CDM that we are in the market for? Had a great season for Burnley and looks to have matured. :ninja:

When you look at the McParland/Dyche/Warburton links it makes even more sense.

Could he be the experienced CDM that we are in the market for? Had a great season for Burnley and looks to have matured. :ninja:

Problem is, like Conor Hourihane, Barton has been less than complimentary about our club in the past so it would be a hard sell to many of our fans.

Barton was on something like £80K/wk at QPR. I don't know what he lifts at Burnley, but

it is bound to be significant, and likely to increase with promotion.

Add that he is a trouble magnet, and rather inclined towards rasellik, and I am somewhat sceptical.

Problem is, like Conor Hourihane, Barton has been less than complimentary about our club in the past so it would be a hard sell to many of our fans.

Did a quick search on twitter - https://twitter.com/search?q=rangers%20from%3AJoey7Barton

Nothing too bad there (note some tweets are in regards to QPR) - when pushed he said he was a celtic fan.