Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

Watched that video now and he does seem to have changed his ways. He is also doing work to stop youth going the same violent route that he took.

Off subject. Why do so many people begin a sentence with "So" It annoys me a little bit.

Apparantly has had a great season with Burnley. I heard an interview with him on Talksport a few days ago and he was talking very maturely about the mistakes he made when he was younger and how he just loves playing and has calmed right down. No mention of Rangers in it even though the rumours were rife online by then.

Certainly a step up in quality from the players we have in midfield, not sure if his temperament can be relied upon, or if he would be a good fit into our shape. That is for Warburton to work out. Would certainly be happier with this signing than some of these teenage gambles as he is a quality player with great experience. He would certainly be a gamble but certainly less so than Crooks, Windass, or Rossiter.

I have quite mixed feelings about this though there's no doubt that he'd immediately be a standout in Scotland, as would any half decent player from England. I wouldn't read too much into him turning over a new leaf though because we're forever being told that only to see him get involved in more drama. That said, we put up with Ian Black for long enough so at least this would be a player who has the talent to back up the controversy.

I would have thought he'd still be on pretty high wages though. He was on astronomical wages a season or 2 ago.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Watched that video now and he does seem to have changed his ways. He is also doing work to stop youth going the same violent route that he took.

Off subject. Why do so many people begin a sentence with "So" It annoys me a little bit.

He had 'changed his ways' before he got banned from football for 12 games.

Reading a lot about him having a chequered past but must admit I haven't a clue what he has been guilty of away from football. On the pitch he has had several red cards and has a rep of being a bad influence. Is it fair to say that since he went to France (remember the awful accented interview lol!!) and then back with Burnley there has not been much negative stuff?

He stubbed a cigar in a teammate's eye. To be fair if the tims were after him everyone would be reacting quite differently. He isn't really a player I ever saw us looking at; he's more the type of player I could see playing for them.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

He stubbed a cigar in a teammate's eye. To be fair if the tims were after him everyone would be reacting quite differently. He isn't really a player I ever saw us looking at; he's more the type of player I could see playing for them.

Yeah my views exactly