Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

With this quality of signing I expect other surprises in store for us. Reminds me a little of the '86 Souness revolution when our club couldn't even win a game of solitaire. The difference though is this club isn't in a rut and has already hit the ground running.

Welcome to Ibrox Joey...looking forward to watching you in the Royal Blue of Rangers.

To those who keep bringing up his past - Shut the f**k up!

Be respectful of other forum members please !

Be respectful of other forum members please !

Barton has had issues in his life and already explained to everyone it's in the past...so I would please forum members respect that!

Joey's first tackle next season will get jumped on by everyone...we will defend it.

Barton has had issues in his life and already explained to everyone it's in the past...so I would please forum members respect that!

Joey's first tackle next season will get jumped on by everyone...we will defend it.

You can ask forum members all you like.... Respectfully.

Telling forum members to "shut the fuck up" is not what we expect of our members. So please take note.

No he doesn't, and as someone pointed out he was punished and so should be allowed to get on with his life. However, and I accept I seem to be the only person who feels this way, I just don't think he should be a Rangers player. I'm not some Victorian moraliser, far from it, I just think there should be certain standards expected of Rangers players.

Anyway, he's signed now so it doesn't really matter much what I think anyway and if he scores the winner against Celtic I'll be cheering him as loud as anyone.

Your not the only one. I agree. Perhaps we are wrong. Perhaps people deserve second chances.

As I said recently he had supposedly turned over a new leaf a few years ago but he's been involved in various incidents since and even been banned from football. That said, I've decided I am happy about this transfer. To sign one of the stars of the English championship last season and someone who is probably still a decent EPL level player, is very impressive. I always found the prospect of us signing the other English midfield veteran we were linked with John Eustace a bit depressing to be honest, but this transfer is quite an exciting one and he should be a standout in Scottish football.

Considering the deplorable behaviour we've seen from players, managers and directors in recent years I'm not really sure what Rangers standards mean anymore anyway. At least with Barton we're getting a quality player, one who probably never lived up to his potential but still had a decent career.

As I said recently he had supposedly turned over a new leaf a few years ago but he's been involved in various incidents since and even been banned from football. That said, I've decided I am happy about this transfer. To sign one of the stars of the English championship last season and someone who is probably still a decent EPL level player, is very impressive. I always found the prospect of us signing the other English midfield veteran we were linked with John Eustace a bit depressing to be honest, but this transfer is quite an exciting one and he should be a standout in Scottish football.

Considering the deplorable behaviour we've seen from players, managers and directors in recent years I'm not really sure what Rangers standards mean anymore anyway. At least with Barton we're getting a quality player, one who probably never lived up to his potential but still had a decent career.

I remember watching him break through with Man City and thinking this guy could go to the very top.

(excuse the music..)

Reporter: "Brendan Rodgers had 10,000 fans turn up to greet him at Celtic park but Rangers fans haven't turned up in such great numbers, why is that?"

Joey Barton "Because Rangers fans are at their work".

I can guarantee that this quote is fake