Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

Harry Redknapp

Former Manchester City and Newcastle player Barton, meanwhile, has joined Championship winners Rangers on a two-year deal after helping Burnley seal promotion to the Premier League.

'Student of the game'

"I recommended him," said Redknapp, who had Barton at Queens Park Rangers. "Burnley rang me about him. [Manager] Sean Dyche called and asked me about Joey and I said I would take him.

"He'll have his mood swings and if things don't go his way, there can be aggro. But, he wants to win.

"He's a real student of the game. He'll watch a million games. He'll be all over the place watching other teams play. He's interested in football. He'll watch every game on TV.

"He doesn't hold back. He's got strong opinions on the game. He gets people going. He'll be a big voice in that dressing room.

"He's got a real good understanding of football and his role in the game. You give him a job to do and he'll do the job.

"He was as good as anybody defending corners. The amount of balls he headed out the box when I had him, he did his job in the right position that you put him in.

"He'll be a good player for Rangers, I'm sure he will. I'm sure [manager] Mark Warburton will get the best out of him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36408654

No that would not have been possible as you know.But I hope he will bring organising skills to the team in all situations as ,Wallace", although a decent person and team captain does not have these skills.This was accentuated by the winning goal against us in the final.If you look at it frame by frame ,Tav is in the position Wallace should have been,i.e. the left of Foderingham's post,Wallace,Wilson and Kiernan are in the middle of the goals,Halliday fails to cover Gray's run,allowing a free header and no one is on the goal line,all primary school errors due to the lack of directive.

Once again I say that this could have been avoided if we can learn how to see out games row ZZ etc.

• 4 weeks later...

See the logo muncher started a flame war today.. said when asked joey is in his league and supports celtic so they will get on fine.

Joey has just made it about 5.0 already with a few tweets that basically rip him a new asshole including the cracker 'foreign team' ??

Sorry on my mobile and struggling post links but all available on Joey's twitter.

Can't wait to first old firm

See the logo muncher started a flame war today.. said when asked joey is in his league and supports celtic so they will get on fine.

Joey has just made it about 5.0 already with a few tweets that basically rip him a new asshole including the cracker 'foreign team'

Sorry on my mobile and struggling post links but all available on Joey's twitter.

Can't wait to first old firm

Transcript :

Reporter : What do you make about Joey Barton saying you aren't in his league

Lego Eater : Ive no been in his league. Hes in ma league. I think well get on really well, him being a Celtic fan.

Correct Scotty Boy - you haven't been in his league (English Premier, Ligue 1, Championship) because you aren't in the same class as Joey Barton.

FYI - Barton then posted a pic of Scott Brown in a Rangers top as a boy and said "OK Scott. no pictures of me in a Celtic kit pal".

He's really messing with his head big time.

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton

I think what Scott meant was 'we'll both get on fine as we're both Rangers men!' It just seems Scott got a little confused. #WATP

I see the record is making it into a ''bitter feud''

Rangers Joey Barton bites back in bitter feud with Celtic captain Scott Brown

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/#1qDYqCSCuX4H7idB.99

Who cares what the record says, Barton certainly doesn't, he knows exactly what it is. A simple bitch slapping of a low IQ grunt not in his league either intelectually or otherwise. And for us it's a comical spectacle that will have the grunt foaming at the mouth by the time the first match against them comes around.